Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Known Mountainbiker
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like weather.com is saying that Southern Willamette's forcast will be rainless during the week prior to the event. (Jan 20th) I'm afraid to say that we may have some awsome conditions if this info holds true.

Last year we had over sixty riders but I'm worried that this year's numbers will drop because not that many people have posted responses that they'll be there. So let's see some responses so that the organizers will have an idea of how much free stuff they need to bring to give away.

Really; does it take more than free beer, good friends and fresh singletrack to get you out for a ride?

Don't leave us hanging.

Caz

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
cazloco said:
Looks like weather.com is saying that Southern Willamette's forcast will be rainless during the week prior to the event. (Jan 20th) I'm afraid to say that we may have some awsome conditions if this info holds true.

Last year we had over sixty riders but I'm worried that this year's numbers will drop because not that many people have posted responses that they'll be there. So let's see some responses so that the organizers will have an idea of how much free stuff they need to bring to give away.

Really; does it take more than free beer, good friends and fresh singletrack to get you out for a ride?

Don't leave us hanging.

Caz
Count me in. Looking forward to the intro to Whypass, thanks.

·
DOD Member
352 Posts
I was planning on attending...but all the wrong people are going to show up in skin/swimwear!!! Not sure my stomach can take it!!! Oh well, I will tough it out and just numb my senses with some of that beer served up tastefully by the "Intestinal Tract".

Please Sas, don't....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Scary!

I thought the idea was to find out who's gonna show, not to scare everyone away. All this talk of skin suits gives me the creeps, still sounds like its gonna be a hoot.

I'm planning on joining the festivities.
What flavor of beer is called for?

Jolly

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,661 Posts
jollybeggar said:
I thought the idea was to find out who's gonna show, not to scare everyone away. All this talk of skin suits gives me the creeps, still sounds like its gonna be a hoot.

I'm planning on joining the festivities.
What flavor of beer is called for?

Jolly
Don't be scared, Jolly. It'll only hurt for a minute.

Whatever. As for brew, we're hoping to score a half-barrel of Steelhead Raging Rhino Red (AKA painkiller).

--Sparty

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
jollybeggar said:
Yea but with my eyes gouged out how am I gonna ride?
Sorry guys...I was just following suit, so to speak. Anyways, I will have to bring my cold weather banana hamock instead. No, really I will be in cycling clothes. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

P.S. - T-minus 8 days!!!!

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
I'm in. Anyone interested in carpooling from PDX, Salem or Eugene? I'm coming from SW PDX but honetly don't have a car (yet) for rough fire road excursions.

Any lift would be mucho appreciated.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
No fire roads involved..

tim_fsr said:
I'm in. Anyone interested in carpooling from PDX, Salem or Eugene? I'm coming from SW PDX but honetly don't have a car (yet) for rough fire road excursions.

..but carpooling is still encouraged. Makes for a little less crowding at the gravel pile. PDXers, get together.... and on into the mud.

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
That's good news. Still interested in car pooling from any of the previously mentioned locations. Always fun to share riding stories on the way to and back.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
tim_fsr said:

Paved all the way to the gravel parking area

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
I hesitate to predict, since I can be such a Jaybo ;-), but I expect I'll be there.

It'll be nice to meat you guys again.

--
The Lee-Man Rides Again!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.