Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just off the box... Medium Helius AC frame in Schwarzolive.

I can't express how stoked I am and I honestly have no words for the quality on this frame. Everything is just off the scale.

Yeah, it feels heavy but it certainly feels sturdy. Solid.

The Schwarzolive is really, really cool color or so I think. It's really dark and understated, but not plain black or plain white.

I have dubbed it "Panzer". Not really creative or original by any stretch of imagination, but then many people name their son "John". :D

I just ran into a small issue that unfortunately will prevent me from riding it in a long time due to my work schedule. The headtube is reamed to ~33.7mm and it needs a couple tenths of mm shaved off to make it fit. I have not a reputable shop anywhere near, so it will have to travel to get it done.

A few pics...

I will post pics of the build when possible, but it won't be anytime soon.

Cheers!

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Why doing my routinary MTBR spying I got here.....

Maldito Warp escurridizo, que bueno que la Ingeniería Mecánica porfin deja sus frutos, muchisimas felicidades.

Lets hope you bring that puppy back to where it belongs... El Chico y el Ajusco :thumbsup:

Btw, we have to talk... engineering stuff... shocks/forks... Mexico... tuning/service... me...

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ah man cool - you must be very excited to get it built up and the colour is excellent. What's really interesting is the Romic shock; is that new or has it come from another bike? Last I heard they had stopped producing them, or it may just be that they are no longer distributed in the UK. By all accounts they were a drastically underated damper.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Yeah ha, bring it on, great to see some pictures f this bad boy frame, the colour looks great....

Look forward to seeing it built up, am sure you will find someone capable and reputable to ream out the needed material...

Great stuff Warp, you must be well stoked...

·
Now with 3 more inches!
1,463 Posts
Awesome colour, excellent choice. Nicely complements the red spring. Where is it headed for reaming? DF?

Sucks that you couldn't get it built before your next work tour.

Huge congratulations on a beautiful frame.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

The Romic as well as the rest of the parts for the build are what was on my former Titus Switchblade. Romic used to make springs in any colour as long as it was red. I would have preferred black to keep it stealthy, but it looks nice once built. That green is so dark that it's almost a neutral colour.

Yeah, gotta love the Romic. It's a really nice shock. Very smooth, yet it pedals nicely and you can add platform without screwing up the rest of the settings.

As mentioned, the headtube needs reaming, but it's supposed to be done to any frame while being built by a reputable shop. Unless there are some headsets that can be pressed to a 0.3mm interference fit or to a 33.7mm ID headtube, it has to be reamed.

tiger... the frame will most probably go to the Nicolai distributor in Mexico. I'll contact them to get that done.

tacu... I'm all ears. I dunno if I will be of any help, but shoot me a PM or e-mail.

It sucks not being able to get it shaken down but at least I won't be anywhere near the frame in the next two months.

edit... I can't remember the wait time (I have to check) but I think we're talking like 8 weeks or so. All I remember is that they promised the first week of December and they delivered on time. Then all kind of customs nightmares, holidays, etc... it is what it is and it's finally here. That's all I care now.

Cheers all!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wimbeest said:
Wow! Dream frame!!

What's the weight (excluding shock)?
Sorry, I didn't weigh the frame. "Feels" as heavy or more than my former Switchblade. That one was under 3kg with shock.

Just in my hands, feels like there is more weight on the front triangle than the rear compared to the Switchblade... I know that's just words without much meaning, but I never buy a frame based on weight. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.