Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Economy Stimulator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of Canucks are heading out to VT for a week of riding and we are looking for accomodations near Kingdom trails or waterbury. Looking for a central base camp location so we can get in a lot of singletrack. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. We will be arriving in VT on Monday night. We can do camping or hotels/inns but they better have a hot tub. Also, looking for a good pub to watch Le Tour at apres bike.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is a camp site right on Burke Mt - I'd call 1st though.

My choice is always Brighton State Park up the road about 10 miles. :thumbsup: www.vtstateparks.com

There are some Private campgrounds around too - ?

A lot of people stay at the Comfort Inn down the Rd a piece, right off HW - I think it's in St Johnsbury. They offer something involving Room/Tickets maybe some chow deal too.

Numerous B&Bs around, if you like that sort of thing.

I'm jealous of your mid-week start. Have a blast & also try the Search function - there is a lot of info on accommodations in and around Burke.

I don't know if your going to have to think about the reservation scene, but you Canucks are pretty dam hardcore when it comes to the outdoors, so setting up in the dark should not be a problem:cool: , but I believe most camps frown on a post 10pm pitch:band: .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts