Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive settled on the 18" Ibex Trophy Comp x7 http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=261015 now I need shoes and a shock pump. Does anyone have any recommendations?
The shock is a Rock Shox Tora 318 Air* 80mm Travel w/ Lockout & External Rebound
The pedals are Ritchey Comp V4 Clipless.
I noticed ibex has a pump when i go to check out but theres no information on brand or specs. Also, are the pumps specific to one shock brand or are they universal? And is there any sort of guage i should buy in addition to the pump?

Thanks for the help,
Tom

·
I win.
713 Posts
Haha you and I are in the same boat man. I just got my Trophy comp x7 earlier today :)
If i were you I'd go ahead and purchase the pump from Ibex at the same time you purchase your bike. That way you save money on the pump. I've been looking at some other pumps that are maybe a little bit smaller that you could carry around in a pack with you, but honestly once you get your shock dialed in you really won't need to mess with it too much. I was at the local bike shop and saw one for 28 bucks or something.
As for the shoes I'm looking at these kinda closely: Diadora Gecko
They look good and most importantly they're easy on the wallet.

But anyways let us know how it goes for ya.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Shock Pumps

The pump Ibex sells should be pretty decent. My guess is that it's someone elses re-badged product with ethe Ibex name on it. Check the reviews section on mtbr if you want some insight into the qualities of different manufacturers products. Some popular ones are Buzzy's Polinator, Topeak, and Blackburn. They will all have gauges, and most go up to 300 psi. Lower PSY models are available, but hard to find. If you want a lower PSI pump, you can just buy a new gauge at a variety of sources and swap it out.

As for bike shoes, go to the LBS and try them on. Just like any other shoe, they all feel different, and some run lager or smaller than others in the same size.

Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Me too

I just rode my new X7 yesterday - nice ride. I bought the pump that IBEX sells after looking at Pricepoint and Performancebikes - it was the best price and the pump works well. No advice on the shoes - sorry - I have three pairs - all different brands - as long as its SPD it works.:thumbsup:

·
I win.
713 Posts
Anyone know the size of the seat clamp on the trophy frame? I want to get rid of the quick release and buy one of those hex nut clamps for security reasons.
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.