Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Ride what you like!
741 Posts
Nice, Josh! Weird, but nice. Can't wait to see the disk version. Are you planning rear disk as well, or will the brakes be "mulleted" too? I'm thinking about an SS rigid with the double mullet

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm looking for a frame with rear disc mounts- I actually already have one - but it turns out an XL Optimo is a hair too big for me, so I'm looking for Large Cannondale Optimo, CAAD4/5 or Caffeine, or an XL Dual Assault frame.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well, I found a frame and just finished the build. 2000 Cannondale F900SX frame, 50mm Fatty 29 Headshok, Conti Cross King RaceSports: 29x2.3 front, 26x2.3 in the rear (a hair to big for the frame; 26x2.1 is in on the boat from Germany). Crossmax Enduro in the rear, and a C29ssmax in front. Feels great. Once I get the smaller tire on so it's not rubbing the frame I'll try it on the trails.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

Here it is with a 26" front, for comparison: Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Soil Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle frame Synthetic rubber Steel

·
Registered
Trail Bike Fully rebuilt. Check the links
119 Posts
Hi I just bought used 2016 Canfield Nimble 9 Frame. In looking for inspiration on how to build it up I was wondering if anyone has tried that bike or similar as mullet?

·
Registered
Trail Bike Fully rebuilt. Check the links
119 Posts
The Nimble 9 has the option to go 27.5 or 29 F&R. However, I haven't heard anyone try a 29r Front and 27.5 or 27.5+ Rear setup. I was considering the 27.5+ in the rear so I have a larger volume rear tyre.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Anyone mullet their Rocky Mountain? Their ride9 feature should allow you to maintain your original geo.
Seems like many take a 27.5 bike and add a 29 in the front with a 10mm lower fork if you don't have a flip chip to steepen your geo.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,074 Posts
The Nimble 9 has the option to go 27.5 or 29 F&R. However, I haven't heard anyone try a 29r Front and 27.5 or 27.5+ Rear setup. I was considering the 27.5+ in the rear so I have a larger volume rear tyre.
I setup my TwinSix FSU rigid SS with 29+ F and 27.5 2.6" R sometimes for a bit more cush/lower tubeless pressure/larger volume and to make it a bit easier to roll over gaps. More grippy in the snow too...

41 - 48 of 48 Posts