Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my American Classic 350 Disc wheelset. They weigh 1466g on my scale (no skewers or tape). The skewers add 104g. Its not often I get something lighter than advertised. :D

Now I just need some nice bolt-on skewers...any suggestions?

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's great when things are lighter than advertised, way to go AM Classic. I just bought a set of 350 non disc wheels, can't wait to try them out on the race course next season. I've been using 04 Mavic Crosslands for the last season and a half, I'm curious as to how much difference loosing 500g of wheel weight will make.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Weight is awesome as well as ride

I got mine a few months ago and abused the heck out of them. So far they have been very durable. Waiting to put them on a Blur XC I just ordered. Mine weighed in around 1495 with skewers.

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Skewers...

craig said:
Just got my American Classic 350 Disc wheelset. They weigh 1466g on my scale (no skewers or tape). The skewers add 104g. Its not often I get something lighter than advertised. :D

Now I just need some nice bolt-on skewers...any suggestions?
I'm happy with my Control Tech bolt-on skewers. I might be giving the M2 Racer bolt-ons a try next season, but will carry the Control Techs around as back-ups! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.