Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? They look really sweet...The top tube is a little shorter than what I want, but I think I can deal. I was really happy with the quality of my Titan, but couldn't deal with the long chainstays and a couple of other geometry issues. The Loki seems like a better option. How'z it ride? What fork are you running on it? I would use a manitou black I have that a friend is using at first, but then change it to a pike when funding is available. Pictures too please.
 

·
Uhhhhh...
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
konabiker said:
What do you think? They look really sweet...The top tube is a little shorter than what I want, but I think I can deal. I was really happy with the quality of my Titan, but couldn't deal with the long chainstays and a couple of other geometry issues. The Loki seems like a better option. How'z it ride? What fork are you running on it? I would use a manitou black I have that a friend is using at first, but then change it to a pike when funding is available. Pictures too please.
Um, just get a DOC. Althought the new Soul stuff is sick.
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheSherpa said:
Um, just get a DOC. Althought the new Soul stuff is sick.
DOC is what I would really like, geometry wise and such, but the money just isn't there.
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TheSherpa said:
I dunnno man, i've seen some complete DOCs go for $800 on RM, SS with DJ.
Nah, it's totally out of the question. I want gears and dont want a boat anchor of a fork. Plus I'm on the SC Team so I will get some hookups.

Planned Build:
Loki Frame 16.5 Gloss Red
Pig HS
Hussefelt OS Bar/Stem Combo
Manitou Black 100mm (forgot what model, but it's the top of the line one from 03)
Carbon Headset spacers (oooooh yeaaah)
Hfx 9 brakes front and rear 6 inch rotors
Hussefelt DH cranks with 38T chanring Will swap for something smaller.
Mrp Mini Me Guide
GigaPipe DHLT BB
Azonic Fusion Pedals
X7 Trigger Shifter
X7 Rear Der.
Pg-950 Cassette 11-32
PC-950 Chain
XT + SingleTrack wheelset from JensonUSA.com
2.35 Minions and Bling Blings front and rear
Speed V Saddle

Pretty Dope, Huh?
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
konabiker said:
Nah, it's totally out of the question. I want gears and dont want a boat anchor of a fork. Plus I'm on the SC Team so I will get some hookups.

Planned Build:
Loki Frame 16.5 Gloss Red
Pig HS
Hussefelt OS Bar/Stem Combo
Manitou Black 100mm (forgot what model, but it's the top of the line one from 03)
Carbon Headset spacers (oooooh yeaaah)
Hfx 9 brakes front and rear 6 inch rotors
Hussefelt DH cranks with 38T chanring Will swap for something smaller.
Mrp Mini Me Guide
GigaPipe DHLT BB
Azonic Fusion Pedals
X7 Trigger Shifter
X7 Rear Der.
Pg-950 Cassette 11-32
PC-950 Chain
XT + SingleTrack wheelset from JensonUSA.com
2.35 Minions and Bling Blings front and rear
Speed V Saddle

Pretty Dope, Huh?
Sounds sick, are you getting it all brand new through SC or do you have some of it?
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Sounds sick, are you getting it all brand new through SC or do you have some of it?
Everything will be new except the fork, the other stuff will be bought through SC and the wheels I'll get from Jenson. Thinking about it I might spring for a new Stance Static :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
konabiker said:
Everything will be new except the fork, the other stuff will be bought through SC and the wheels I'll get from Jenson. Thinking about it I might spring for a new Stance Static :D
hey jack just let me know when you want the fork back. I kinda feel bad about using it for this long.
I guess no fontucky this weekend?
-mike
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scabrider said:
get th' green one, and a 38 tooth ring wont fit on a minime, only fits 34 tooth...
"Hussefelt DH cranks with 38T chanring Will swap for something smaller."
 

·
surf-ride-repeat
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
Ahhh yeah.. love mine.. like it better than my 04 Titan for running 24's... litlle bit higher BB and shorter stays.. I like the short TT. I race BMX on it, DJ, and hit skateparks... I totally dig it...

this is an old pic, I have Arrow Launch tires, and Odyssey Pedals now... that fork is a DJ1/Z1 hybrid thing we made. It has HSCV carts from an old 2001 Z1 CR.

BTW- I advise you to NOT get a static... please dude, for your safety don't do it.
 

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
hmmmmm..... a konabiker who rides a specialized looking for a soul cycles......
Hey WestCoastFukker, shush up.
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pdirt said:
Ahhh yeah.. love mine.. like it better than my 04 Titan for running 24's... litlle bit higher BB and shorter stays.. I like the short TT. I race BMX on it, DJ, and hit skateparks... I totally dig it...

this is an old pic, I have Arrow Launch tires, and Odyssey Pedals now... that fork is a DJ1/Z1 hybrid thing we made. It has HSCV carts from an old 2001 Z1 CR.

BTW- I advise you to NOT get a static... please dude, for your safety don't do it.
Cool, you 2-4 urban soldier for lyfe you. Static is just so cheap...And it would only be temporary till I get a Pike SL.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top