Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened and it only took about 6 months. After about 15 or so years riding geared Mt. Bikes, I now don't own one. Sold it last night. And now i am looking into buying a single speed cross bike for commuting. People ask me why i ride a single speed and i have a hundred reasons, but they never understand and always have this amazed confused look on their face. I try to explain it to people but it is really something that can not be put into words. Its truly a feeling. Single speeds have made my love of cycling be reborn.

Rock on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yep i posted the same thing 3-4 weeks ago and i havent regretted it at all. i love the fixed gear for commuting/errands and the ss is a sweet trailbike, but unlike you i converted a friend and hooked him after one ride. his exact quote was "i feel sorry for those guys with gears, they dont know what they are missing" whoever said it was like BMX for grownups was right its great to just go out and ride and not worry about being in a specific gear or listening to all that chainslap / derailluer racket.

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
IRO has a sharp looking SS cross bike

It is pretty inexpensive but looks like a nice frame he should actually take delivery of them in a week or two I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.