Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that wheel set upgrades can be very benficial.

I have a '05 Enduro Comp. It was the second cheepest model Spec offered in 05. It currently has the stock wheelset on it.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent upgrade. I'm not looking for top of the line King or XTR wheels, just a nice upgrade.

I like aggressive trail riding and some light jumping...nothing over about 5'.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Eric

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's what Spec has listed on their website as stock setup:

rims - Custom SUN SOS 28mm wide Enduro disc rims
front hub - Specialized Stout disc, 32 hole, sealed cartridge bearings
rear hub - Shimano M-525 Disc, 32 hole, loose ball bearings, alloy Q/R
spokes - 2.0mm black stainless, brass nipples

·
Registered
185 Posts
The wheelset you have sounds pretty good, and unless someting fails I wouldn't replace them just yet or at the very least keep them for a capable backup. As far as a hub set goes check out White Industries. They are a great hub and really good company to deal with. They can be had for much less than the Kings. I have my WI hubs laces to arrow XCL rims. I laced them last year and they have held true since then. I also used Marwi SS spokes for a 100% US made wheelset. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm upgrading my 06 Enduro Expert to a decent wheelset here shortly. The Shimano hub works, but the slow engagement is really annoying after using better hubs like the Ringles on my Demo. I'm replacing it with a lighter build, stronger and much better hubs!

Anyway here's my build that is pretty light and can take quite a bit of abuse.

-Black Hope Pro II front and back
-Mavic XM321 or EX721 black rims
-DT Swiss 14gauge black spokes
-Black brass nipples

Price, ~$365 shipped.

Hard to beat that IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.