Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a smoking deal on universal with 15% off coupon... little bit over 500$ the RLC 140 15mm.....2010 model

I don't see many people running Vanillas but I remember that it was very smooth (back in 2003)

Right now I'm running a 2007 Talas 140 QR..... want something plusher and more rigid

Note: I won't go with 20mm right now cause I would have to change front hub and since I have CK, I just have to wait until the end of July when they will release their 15mm conversion :thumbsup:

What do you think? good match for the 5 spot DW?

thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go for it, you'll love it. I have a van on one of my bikes and it is very plush. I just rode my new 15mm Talas yesterday on my spot and I was very surprised how much stiffer it was than the QR Talas versions I have ridden. On all of my regular QR forks I get quite a bit of flex as I corner, rubbing brakes, etc etc. I rode a tough trail yesterday and there was a huge difference. On the downhill where all of my regular QR forks would be dragging the front brakes around corners (even though I wasn't braking at the time) this 15mm fork was solid as a rock. Now I am sitting here trying to calculate how much it would cost to upgrade all my QR forks to 15mm. My wife is going to be pissed! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have had a QR Vanilla 32 140 RLC on the front of my DW Spot for the last six months and for year before on my old HL Spot. I really like the ride feel of coil shocks, and the 15mm axle can only make it better :D

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Wheel

Don't forget that all new coil Fox Forx should come with 3 springs, out of the 5 available. So if you are very light or heavy, might be worth doing a deal to swap it out. You will also need a very flat ended 26mm socket to remove the preload knob, without chewing it up :nono:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
decender said:
I have had a QR Vanilla 32 140 RLC on the front of my DW Spot for the last six months and for year before on my old HL Spot. I really like the ride feel of coil shocks, and the 15mm axle can only make it better :D

View attachment 467547

Don't forget that all new coil Fox Forx should come with 3 springs, out of the 5 available. So if you are very light or heavy, might be worth doing a deal to swap it out. You will also need a very flat ended 26mm socket to remove the preload knob, without chewing it up :nono:
Sweet DW.... thanks fot the info guys!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AzSpeedfreek said:
*chanting* DOOO IT DOOO IT DOOO IT DOOO IT DOOO IT*end chanting*
have somebody told you that you are a freak?:D

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Great choice. If Fox made a Vanilla 29er fork, it would be on my Sultan instead of the air fork. Well worth the 3 ounces or whatever of extra weight.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its done:D I ordered; it was a no brainer with that 15% off...... now I have to wait till CK release the conversion from 9mm to 15mm..... patience

·
Registered
122 Posts
I haven't used them myself, but there was a positive revue on this forum a few months back when the QR15 forks first started to appear.

I looked at them because I have CK hubs and was considering a QR15 fork at the time, and I know CK are infamous for delaying announced products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts