Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through some of the stuff on the fox site. Think I know how to make a shaft clamp out of a block of wood.

Any advice you experienced folks would recommend? On the tools list they recommend having a couple of crow feet. Are these absolutely necessary? I've got most of the tools. I've revalved the suspension on my yz250 so I do have some experience with this kind of thing.

Thanks!

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Shaft clamp? Are you changing the glide ring in the OB damper? If not, no need to open it.

I do recommend using a torque wrench for the bottom nuts, I've heard many horror stories of people snapping their threaded cartridge ends due to excessive torque.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the fox "cartridge rebuild seal kit" and a new seal kit from enduroforkseals.com. I was assuming I would need to open the cartridge and install new orings and such.

I disassembled the fork last night, so I have the cartridge and air/spring assemby out of the forks.

They're about 5 years old and I've never changed oil or anything so I figured I'd go ahead and get the full rebuild kit. The bushings appear to be fine, no play in them. I will def. use torque wrench. I've learned the value of this over the years!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.