Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the bolt circled in blue, the end cap of the axle or what? and the bolt circled in red how you slide the axle back n forth for single speed? if so, is that little bolt strong enough to keep the wheel from sliding back n forth, seems like the wheel would slip? or how does all this stuff work? thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah I don't see a need for it, other than to add weight. I'm wondering, coming from motorcycles, if you were to slide the wheel forward or back, how's the brake caliper attached to keep the disc from moving from the pads?

·
superluker
88 Posts
is the bolt circled in blue, the end cap of the axle or what? and the bolt circled in red how you slide the axle back n forth for single speed? if so, is that little bolt strong enough to keep the wheel from sliding back n forth, seems like the wheel would slip? or how does all this stuff work? thanks

Blue circle is around thru axle. Red circle is around one of 3 bolts that lock down the sliders. At the very back end of the drop out, there is a bolt on each side of the bike to move the sliders forward and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
superluker
88 Posts
Yeah I don't see a need for it, other than to add weight. I'm wondering, coming from motorcycles, if you were to slide the wheel forward or back, how's the brake caliper attached to keep the disc from moving from the pads?
Caliper and axle move together on the sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.