Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not complaining about anything people do for trail maintenence but...

There's been some work done on the trail that goes from cabin trail to SST and the table top at the end of SST that I really just don't like. I'll agree the old jumps were a little small but they were do-able at higher speeds. I hit the newly formed one at the end of SST a week or two ago and a pretty good speed and launched straight up - it was built like a dirt jump near civic and to be honest, I didn't see that it had been modified until I was basically going off of it. After, I went back and took a look... and there were tons of tread marks on the top of the table about a foot past the lip (meaning a lot of people weren't launching it). Before the mods it was pretty fun to launch and land down the back side.

Maybe I'm a really crappy rider, and I KNOW that I'm not a good dirt jumper, but to me, a really lippy dirt jumping style of jump on a fairly quick singletrack doesn't really go together. There's a reason they do not build them like that on a BMX race track - the faster you go, the more you just launch up.

I'm just curious what y'all think.

·
Registered
480 Posts
there was a thread about this and huge flame on ridegalbraith.com last I heard the lip had been mellowed out and its no longer a double, most of it was just trail maintenance lips wear down and need to be built up every once and a while. remember always look before you leap even on a trail you know things change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.