Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi:)

I have noticed some of paint damage on the almost new sc nomad v5 c frame pivots areas. There is some kind of paint runoff in some areas around pivots. Looks like painting is not that quality. What do You think it is only bubbled/chipped paint? Do someone experienced that with their sc bikes?:)

Attachments

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,322 Posts
you want an opinion ?

that stuff is a non issue
---------------------------------------------
what bothers me is the clear protection stickers...those just gunk up the bike overall, imho

I would never use protective films on any bike, to me all that adhesive stuff is crap. all i want or need on a CF bike
is thick rock strike plastic plank on the underside of the downtube and a chainstay protector

I buy new bikes, and ride the hell out of them, and put them away wet. my bikes wear out the paint jobs in short order.

but that is just my opinion. that stuff wouldn't bother me one bit, and if it did,
I'd just ask the maker for a touch up paint code and touch it up myself.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
you want an opinion ?

that stuff is a non issue
---------------------------------------------
what bothers me is the clear protection stickers...those just gunk up the bike overall, imho

I would never use protective films on any bike, to me all that adhesive stuff is crap. all i want or need on a CF bike
is thick rock strike plastic plank on the underside of the downtube and a chainstay protector

I buy new bikes, and ride the hell out of them, and put them away wet. my bikes wear out the paint jobs in short order.

but that is just my opinion. that stuff wouldn't bother me one bit, and if it did,
I'd just ask the maker for a touch up paint code and touch it up myself.

I've always felt the same way with regards to the clear protective films. Everybody puts the stuff on to keep their bike looking nice, but within a few rides it seem to always start looking like trash IMO. Even before then it's pretty clear that your (hopefully decent) paint job has been covered with really thick clear stickers.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,399 Posts
I'd send the pictures to the manufacturer, SantaCruz. Regardless of brand, if this is a brand new bike I'd let the shop I purchased the bike from know, and then if needed, contact the manufacturer direct. If it bothers you, its worth pursuing.

Personally, SantaCruz warrantied my wifes TB3 when it was 3+ years old and the clear coat blistered. I contacted SC to ask which clear coat or nail polish to use to repair the blistering (and peeling) clear coat. SC's reply was: "no repair needed, you're getting a new frame".

OT: Regarding 3M Film and RideWrap, IMO they're worth it. I did not use RideWrap on my TB4 and regret it. I did use RideWrap on my gravel bike and its been a godsend. I also have 3M Film (Clear Bra) on our vehicles, also a godsend.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've always felt the same way with regards to the clear protective films. Everybody puts the stuff on to keep their bike looking nice, but within a few rides it seem to always start looking like trash IMO. Even before then it's pretty clear that your (hopefully decent) paint job has been covered with really thick clear stickers.
I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.