Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new carbon Bronson. I've shopped around and priced them out for a while now.

I have considered a used carbon Nomad to save some money but, ultimately, a Bronson is what I want.

I'm going to be getting a carbon Bronson with the R AM kit and a dropper post added. I would love to get the XO1 as well but I don't think I can justify that much cost right now.

Just looking that final push to go pick up the bike!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do it. I understand what you're saying - I needed some encouragement to pull the trigger too, it's an intimidating investment in a toy (just bought a Bronson Carbon last month myself). You've done your research, you know what bike you want, you're getting a good deal. There are few things in life that will make you as happy for several years as a kick ass new bike. Do it, enjoy the hell out of it, post pics, and pass on the stoke to others.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to just the beginning! I went for the Bronson R AM and that's where it all started. Awesome bike, love mine.

But now I've fallen into upgradeitis. Countless hours reading thread after thread for the latest and greatest. Just upgraded to a XX1 kit running light bicycle wheels. It's a whole different world now!! I was blown away at the difference it made of dropping 3+ lbs of moving parts.

But I don't think I'd do it any different. I rode it stock for a while and it was still sweet. Now I really appreciate what I have and I've been pleased with the parts I decided to upgrade, while still keeping a number of original parts.

I say go for it and don't look back.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, last minute change of heart. I put down a deposit today on a carbon Tallboy LT. I'm currently living in Edmonton, AB where it's pretty flat and I'll be here for this summer and next summer for sure. After that, I'll likely be back in the Okanagan valley.

I was able to get the Tallboy for $1200 cheaper in the exact same spec level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.