Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple Truvativ ISIS cranksets with 22, 32, 44 rings. Am I right in saying that the middle ring bolt pattern size is 74mm and the large ring bolt pattern size is 110mm, even though they are mounted together using the same hole?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If they're mounted on the same holes with common bolts the chainrings obviously have the same BCD.

The most common arrangement is middle and outer are both 110mm and the smaller inner mounting pattern is 74mm.

·
Registered
12,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, they must be measured across from each other. They don't measure from one chainring bold to the one next to it. Because my middle/large chainring bolts are 110mm from one to the one across from it and 74mm from one bolt to the one next to it. that's why I was confused.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Mountain Cycle Shawn said:
So, they must be measured across from each other. They don't measure from one chainring bold to the one next to it. Because my middle/large chainring bolts are 110mm from one to the one across from it and 74mm from one bolt to the one next to it. that's why I was confused.
It's none of those measurements. it's the diameter of the circle they all lie on. If you have an even number of bolts you can measure across opposites. But with 5 bolts, none are opposite any others, so there's no way to do a direct measurement.

If you wish you can measure the on center distance between adjacent holes and use the conversion crib sheet here,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.