Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am open to suggestions. I'd like to get one solid day will some difficult trails. Whether that is long climbs or technical trails, I'm up. I'm trying to maintain a bit of fitness for a couple endurance races next month. That being said I tend to race endurance because I'm slow, but can ride all day. I'm really hoping to get a 3-5 hour ride(this could include riding to and from a venue) to help ward off the ill effects of fudge.
What you got? Any address I could map would help. Any maps of venues/areas would help.
How about bike rentals. I can bring mine, but it seems like a long haul for a few hours of riding(1200 miles each way).
Any help is appreciated.

·
I need a new name
911 Posts
3-5 hours of riding technical trails with climbing sounds like a prescription for Iron Mtn. Casey is the expert in that area. My suggested route would start in Damascus, up the Creeper Trail to Beech, hit Iron Mtn to Rush, down Rush, back up FR90 or Sawmill/Feathercamp to Iron Mtn, back toward Beech but stay on Iron and head down Mock Holler into Damascus. The National Geographic "Mount Rogers" map covers the area well.
Bike rentals are available in Damascus but all I've seen are entry level bikes. If your riding the 27th there is a chance I could show you around if you don't mind waiting. Limited riding in 2008 has really hurt me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats an awesome offer, I have to check with my family and see what days are conveinent. If Saturday works for them I'd a really appreciate a tour guide.

James

·
Registered
75 Posts
The riding scene in Damascus must be in sad shape if I am the closest thing to an expert we can come up with:p Like Hank said, AD has some nice demo bikes but I honestly don't know if they rent them or not. The weather looks pretty good for Sat., let me know when you guys are going if you can stand some slow company.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can get Friday or Saturday morning/day free. I have an offer to use a bike from a relatives connection at a bike shop in Bristol.
I'll PM both of you to see if we can set something up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.