Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two different wheelsets, both sets are built with Mavic 819 UST Disc rims with Stans sealant in them.

The first wheelset has Maxxis High Rollers 2.35 UST tires on it.

The second wheelset has Specialized Eskar Control 2.3 2Bliss tires on it.

The High Rollers (UST) have no significant air loss in a week's time (maybe 1 pound). I can go a few weeks without adding any air.

However, the Eskar Control (2Bliss) tires lose about 3 lbs of air a week.

Again, both wheelsets have Stans sealant in them. I understand that the 2Bliss is not a UST tire and that the sidewalls are not the same.

I am just wondering if others with 2Bliss tires lose air at about the same rate as I do? More? Less?

2Bliss tire users, would you kindly share your experience (of air loss). Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
idig2000 said:
I have two different wheelsets, both sets are built with Mavic 819 UST Disc rims with Stans sealant in them.

The first wheelset has Maxxis High Rollers 2.35 UST tires on it.

The second wheelset has Specialized Eskar Control 2.3 2Bliss tires on it.

The High Rollers (UST) have no significant air loss in a week's time (maybe 1 pound). I can go a few weeks without adding any air.

However, the Eskar Control (2Bliss) tires lose about 3 lbs of air a week.

Again, both wheelsets have Stans sealant in them. I understand that the 2Bliss is not a UST tire and that the sidewalls are not the same.

I am just wondering if others with 2Bliss tires lose air at about the same rate as I do? More? Less?

2Bliss tire users, would you kindly share your experience (of air loss). Thanks.
I consider a 3 psi loss in a week to be in the normal range, even with inner tubes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it sounds like I'm in the ballpark with others on losing about 3 lbs per week with 2Bliss and sealant. That is what I wanted to know.

Thanks robinta and kiwirider for your input.

idig2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.