Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading thru some threads and can't find a definitive answer.

What is the correct torque specifications for tightening the bolts on the ABC pivots on my 2014 Altitude?

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
From the 2014 tech manual...

Hardware and Torque Specification:

All custom hardware (alloy thru-bolts, screws, and nuts) requires the use of LOCTITE 243 (blue) a medium strength thread-lock. The torque specification unless otherwise stated is 100 to 110 in*lbs or 11.3 to 12.4 Nm.

Non custom hardware (steel bolts) requires the use of LOCTITE 243 (blue), a medium strength thread-lock. The torque specification unless otherwise stated is 60 to 80 in*lbs or 6.7 to 9.0 Nm.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I came across too, on the 2013 tech manual, and I am confused if the bolts on the ABC pivots are steel or alloy.

Thanks for that though Rocky

·
Registered
890 Posts
My local hardware store doesn't carry loctite but do carry another brand Permatex that is blue and is labelled as a medium strength. Can this be used in place of loctite 243?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi rocky,

Just looking for a little more clarification on this because I don't want to over torque anything... on my 2014 Instinct, all of the M6 x 12 mm and the M8 x 16 mm socket screws should be tightened to 100-110 inch-pound except for the two near the dropouts?

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts