Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I ordered an Abajo Peak a week ago. I thought I was a medium and that's what they concluded as well.

Most of its use will be at Palo Duro Canyon, for anyone that knows the area.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share since I'm excited. I'll update as I get some miles on it, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and just got called today to go pick it up (I live close to headquarters). I went with the 27.5+ as well and i'm pumped to grab it tomorrow and get it out on the maiden voyage!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and just got called today to go pick it up (I live close to headquarters). I went with the 27.5+ as well and i'm pumped to grab it tomorrow and get it out on the maiden voyage!
Awesome! Let us know what you think if you feel like it.

I'm interested in thoughts on the 27.5+ tires also. That's what I went with. It was hard for me to choose.

My current hard tail bike has 27.5 on it that are 2.2" so this will be quite a change.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea I feel you on the change! I'm coming over from a 26" bike so i'm pumped to test it out. I have rode my buddies Trek with 27.5+ and it felt good so i'm very hopeful this will be a good pickup

·
Registered
318 Posts
I couldn’t believe how big the 29x2.5/29x2.4 tires were coming from 26x2.25’s on 23mm rims. Those were huge compared to the 26x1.95 on 19 mm rims in 2002.

The bike is great! I only have (very) limited miles on it. But it blows away my 120 mm fsr in every respect. It’s only 3/4 lb heavier at 34 lbs. that’s with tubes, and the manic dropper vs full platform spd’s and no dropper on the fsr.

I won’t be able ride any bike until my left quad makes 90% of right quad after knee reconstruction. I can ride and pedal at 135 watts for a whopping mile on a stationary bike. I can ride a regular bike too. Getting off the bike, pretty close to life and death.

I couldn’t find a bike as good as the Abajo until I would spend 1000 dollars more, in which case I would have bought a Cascad Peak!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got out on the first ride and it was worth the money! We rode a quick 5 mile loop and the abajo climbs like a beast and the 2.8 tires really grip well in corners. I'm really pleased with it so far, and hopefully i will be getting out on a little longer ride that I can really get into some good climbing and descents. I'll update after the next ride!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got out on the first ride and it was worth the money! We rode a quick 5 mile loop and the abajo climbs like a beast and the 2.8 tires really grip well in corners. I'm really pleased with it so far, and hopefully i will be getting out on a little longer ride that I can really get into some good climbing and descents. I'll update after the next ride!
Awesome! Glad to hear it and look forward to hearing more. I'll do the same and update when I have mine.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Saw another Concrete Abajo peak in the back of a truck with 2 other bikes and a tent camper today. 27.5 + bike. Those tires are huge! I thought my 29 er was big!

It was cool to see another Ferrari let alone another Abajo peak in my area. Ohio isn’t exactly a mountain biking area.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Dude take a break from riding and give us a report for Christ's sake!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ha! Same with me. I picked it up in Lindon.

I asked about the high speed rebound adjustment because I’ve never messed with one before. The clerk told me that they set it up how they think it should be. So, just ride it how it is unless something needs adjusting.

That makes good sense to me.

I took a ten minute ride before dark tonight and I’m impressed by how stable everything feels. There’s no bob or bounce.

I, also, will post an update and possibly a picture from tomorrow’s ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Took the Fezzari on the first ride today.

Just one ride down, but I was very happy with it. I've been riding a hardtail, so it's hard to make a great comparison.

The Fezzari was excellent in the climbs and I was moving faster downhill with better control.

Really felt great and fits me very well.

I rode at Palo Duro Canyon. I'll list my ride for anyone familiar.

Upper Commanche
GSL
Lighthouse to Capitol Peak
Inner loop Capitol Peak
Juniper Cliffside
Juniper Riverside
Roho Grande
Capitol Peak Outer loop to Lighthouse Trail
Lighthouse to GSL
GSL
Kiowa

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Yellow Green Text Colorfulness Line

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One other thing I'd add is that the Fezzari really felt great in the twisty parts (lots of S curves, with deeper dirt/sand). 'Cornered' very well and had great traction.

a lot more stable than my hardtail. (to be fair, my hardtail is a Cannondale Catalyst 3 with 27.5 x 2.2 tubeless tires)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.