Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
dirt dawg
11 Posts
I tried the website today for the first time in several months and found the same thing you did. real bummer considering they have my favorite jersey... :( looks nice, really cool design, made by voler and only $30 bucks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
bikeaholic said:
I tried the website today for the first time in several months and found the same thing you did. real bummer considering they have my favorite jersey... :(
Man, you guys have been out of the loop... That website's been down for AT LEAST a couple of years. Ever since their shop got taken over by Mad Dog Cyclery (and maybe even sooner). The "internet's local bike shop" used to be my ACTUAL LBS - just down the street and very friendly. By far my favorite. I used to check their website almost weekly, but I think the last time they actually had a website was when I was building my Cannondale - more than 3 years ago. I've checked many times since then with no success, although until recently, they always had a page that said something like "temporarily not in operation." Now it's gone completely. I think maybe they realized it wasn't as profitable as they had hoped because their prices went up too high after just a few months online (for most stuff anyway). They always had good closeout deals in the shop though... Originally, they had some of the best prices on the web, by a good margin.

I never did get one of those jerseys. Now I wish I had. Oh well...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Aaradvark is done.....thank goodness. I live a couple of blocks from where it use to be. I think that it went under because people like me boycotted it. The customer service was horrible. I once posted on the old board on how baddly I was treated when I went there once. They treated me like a punk kid who was gonna steal all their invintory or trying to scam them. I was just getting into cycling at the time so I was almost totally dependant on their service. They sold me some crappy parts when I asked for some descent parts that would last...and I think that I shelled out way more than it was worth. I later learned all this thru my own research on this site.

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
WOW, I haven't seen or heard a thing from Aardvark in a few years myself. They were a big part of things when I first got into mountain biking. It's a shame they counldn't make a go of it. Places like Speed Goat, Harris Cyclery, Branford Bikes, and Colorado Cyclist prove that even online it's not always about price, so they could have made a go of it even with their high prices. It's too bad they couldn't figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts