Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Good stuff. It looks like you hit most of the fun trails. I also stay at the Sands when I go down there about once a month. Not a bad place.

Never thought of climbing Skyline and descending Boyscout. Hmmm. I always do the opposite.

I'm tying to imagine this g-out with the alternate 4 foot drop on Girlscout you show in your first pic. I think that's actually on Inner Caldera.

Anyway. Glad you enjoyed it. Next time don't forget to make your way over to Red Rock Canyon on the other side of Vegas for a run at Boneshaker on the Cowboy trails. Big grins there as well.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
KRob said:
Never thought of climbing Skyline and descending Boyscout. Hmmm. I always do the opposite.
Brent has done a ton of work on Skyline. It has a lot of the really rough spots cleaned up and is much more climbable now. I'll have to drag my gang up there one of these days and try it from the bottom.

mbb

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
mattbikeboy said:
Brent has done a ton of work on Skyline. It has a lot of the really rough spots cleaned up and is much more climbable now. I'll have to drag my gang up there one of these days and try it from the bottom.

mbb
Yeah. It's definitely a lot more sanitized (Boyscout too) and the hairball factor goes way down. Still fun though and ,although I never thought about it, more climbable now like you said.

The rolling bumps/jumps where he's smoothed over the step ups on Boy Scout would be fun going down too. I'll have to try that next time....... if there is a next time.

I'm renogiating my contract down there and I'm not sure they are going to give me what I want. We'll see. My trips to Vegas may become a lot more spread out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.