Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mountain-biking time lately has been shaped around several adventure races that I committed to. I did the last one last week, and it feels nice to once again just ride for fun. I started my 3 1/2-hr ride today with Stacey and Donna. We met at Barton Creek Greenbelt, a trail which brings a smile to my face every time I visit. So much fun, challenging trail such a short distance away!

I saw many interesting characters there.

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David biked over from his place and met us on the trail. We stopped and sessioned on the infamous "Elephant Butt."

1) Stacey cleared the rock ramp at the start.
2) Donna darned near did the whole thing on the far left.
3) David opted for going up the middle (on my 29er), and almost made it.
4-5) Man, that's a tough spot. Just ask these guys.

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We rode with the girls back to the trail access point, then David and I struck out on our own. Admittedly, we were more focused on riding than on picture-taking, but here's a couple we stopped for.

All-in-all, it was a very satisfying ride: dry, warm weather, good company, good challenges. Life is good!

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
callmetheNewGuy said:
I need biking friends :(

sounds and looks like you guys have fun...keep the threads and pics coming.
I heard the "Debbie Downer" sound effect when I read your first line. ;)

I do prefer riding with at least one other person. Austin is a great place to live and ride, and one reason for that is that there are many friendly, skilled riders to hit the trails with, should you desire.

And a big THANK YOU to everyone who posted up the last couple of days with pics/stories from their rides. It's so nice to read/see those again. :thumbsup:

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
scorpionwoman said:
And a big THANK YOU to everyone who posted up the last couple of days with pics/stories from their rides. It's so nice to read/see those again. :thumbsup:
Your welcome. I always look forward to seeing your threads because I know that I'm going to see some nice pictures of people riding bikes. Or at least flowers and wildlife shots.

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forkboy said:
I think he meant "I need biking friends shaped like Scorp & Stacey. :( "

Don't we all?

:D
I have a feeling you've got that covered, Pie-boy. :p

And you have to be careful what you wish for. Having a woman to ride with means being able to handle it when she can out-do you on the bike. :smilewinkgrin:

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Frozenspokes said:
Or at least flowers and wildlife shots.
:eek:

I have been making a concerted effort to focus more (no pun intended) on the riders. But there's so many cool things to see on the trail! :D

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
callmetheNewGuy said:
I need biking friends :(

sounds and looks like you guys have fun...keep the threads and pics coming.
Yes I know how you feel. Scorpionwoman I like your posts it makes me want to ride more I have some trouble sometimes but its posts like this that make me get excited to ride more even though its hard. I like your user name to its like mine. Your tough as nails like a scorpion and a female and i like Adventures so I am always looking for them so thats my handle. Its nice whn people put thought into their name becuase sometimes just a bunch of letters and numbers that doesnt make much sense and its hard to read and I alwsys wonder what it means.

Please post more pictures. Thanx.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
AdventureQuest said:
Yes I know how you feel. Scorpionwoman I like your posts it makes me want to ride more I have some trouble sometimes but its posts like this that make me get excited to ride more even though its hard. I like your user name to its like mine. Your tough as nails like a scorpion and a female and i like Adventures so I am always looking for them so thats my handle. Its nice whn people put thought into their name becuase sometimes just a bunch of letters and numbers that doesnt make much sense and its hard to read and I alwsys wonder what it means.

Please post more pictures. Thanx.
I love these threads!

:D :D :D

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
Mrwhlr said:
I love these threads!

:D :D :D
That was rude there are ladies present.

Your uer name doesnt have any vouls your exactly the the type I was talking about it makes no sense. Scorpionwoman dont pay any attention to this rudie.

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate your concern. No need to worry about Jesse; I wouldn't *dream* of taking him seriously.

:p

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
scorpionwoman said:
I appreciate your concern. No need to worry about Jesse; I wouldn't *dream* of taking him seriously.

Oh no I am not concerned I know you are a tuffie.

Thanx for writing though I know your busy.

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
scorpionwoman said:

Oh no I am not concerned I know you are a tuffie.

Thanx for writing though I know your busy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.