Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story....

Alright, just as my plans to go up to Keystone tomorrow get foiled by lack of interest from parents for transportation, I get a call from a friend of mine thtas down here and asked me what I was doing tomorrow. I say, Im going to be sitting around on mtbr all day cuz I have nothing to do and he goes "wanna hit vail with me and my gf?" I then go, let me ask my dad since we all know Im just a punkass little 15 year old who's 6'1" and 200#. He then says yes so I go to find out details (departure/return time/etc) So I find out all the information about it then about 20 minutes ago. I'm on my way over to my moms house to stay there for the night since all my biking stuf is over there. Anyways, my mom then starts getting all dramatic going "what if he 'confronts' you?" "what if he does drugs" "what if he rapes you" so she being quite the persuasive person she then entirely persuades my dad that they're both uncomfortable with me going on this ride trip even though Vail is only a 2 hour drive from my house and I'd have plenty of money, id, and cell phone. They then say that they'd be uncomfortable with me even riding with him since they havent met him even though at the same time I've ridden with snowskilz without them meeting him, as well as them only meeting mtnbike24_7 in a parking lot. ARG, I know Im being the typical not-understanding 15 year old but dammit I hate when they completely flip answers when they actually think about it without just saying an answer and figuring it will work.

End of rant.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Long story....

Alright, just as my plans to go up to Keystone tomorrow get foiled by lack of interest from parents for transportation, I get a call from a friend of mine thtas down here and asked me what I was doing tomorrow. I say, Im going to be sitting around on mtbr all day cuz I have nothing to do and he goes "wanna hit vail with me and my gf?" I then go, let me ask my dad since we all know Im just a punkass little 15 year old who's 6'1" and 200#. He then says yes so I go to find out details (departure/return time/etc) So I find out all the information about it then about 20 minutes ago. I'm on my way over to my moms house to stay there for the night since all my biking stuf is over there. Anyways, my mom then starts getting all dramatic going "what if he 'confronts' you?" "what if he does drugs" "what if he rapes you" so she being quite the persuasive person she then entirely persuades my dad that they're both uncomfortable with me going on this ride trip even though Vail is only a 2 hour drive from my house and I'd have plenty of money, id, and cell phone. They then say that they'd be uncomfortable with me even riding with him since they havent met him even though at the same time I've ridden with snowskilz without them meeting him, as well as them only meeting mtnbike24_7 in a parking lot. ARG, I know Im being the typical not-understanding 15 year old but dammit I hate when they completely flip answers when they actually think about it without just saying an answer and figuring it will work.

End of rant.
yeah, it sucks not being able to drive. i was supposed to go race mammoth today, but mom and dad had to go to a wedding. so i dont get to ride. its sucks.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zedro said:
holy crap, your parents have serious issues man, thats ****ed up....
They're just over protected people who think that everybody in the world that is from online who i havent met before MUST be trying to get in my pants for one reason or another.

·
Registered
181 Posts
my parents do the exact same thing just because they havent met the person i cant go anywhere with them.. but they wont let me get my drivers license because they dont trust me with their $40,000 lexus......... but i dont blame them i wouldnt trust me either

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nitro1636 said:
my parents do the exact same thing just because they havent met the person i cant go anywhere with them.. but they wont let me get my drivers license because they dont trust me with their $40,000 lexus......... but i dont blame them i wouldnt trust me either
See, my parents atleast trust me enough to get my license when I can in October, so I'm sure that there will be times where I'll be up in Denver and say that I'm at a friends house.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
dam...

that really blows man...i simply tell my parents im going out and all they do is ask if i want money and when ill be back...but also that kinda wierd that they think ppl are gunna try and rape you...but i know what its like my mates EV (in the pics) cant go anywhere or do anything coz his parents think ppl will make him do drugs etc...it dont help there christains either are your parents christians... :confused:

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
They're just over protected people who think that everybody in the world that is from online who i havent met before MUST be trying to get in my pants for one reason or another.
Sweet, you must be pretty cute. Let me know if you ever want to go for a "bike" ride in the tahoe area..........tiger...................arggggghhhhhhhhh

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
kidwoo said:
Sweet, you must be pretty cute. Let me know if you ever want to go for a "bike" ride in the tahoe area..........tiger...................arggggghhhhhhhhh
hahahaha

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kidwoo said:
LMMFAO!!! ::p:p:p:p.....

That must be why I havent gotten a lady friend yet, they're all too intimidated. :rolleyes: lol.

Thanks for givin me a laugh. ;)

·
bored
168 Posts
My parents are like that too, especially my mom. That leads me to believe that it's just some sort of natural maternal instinct to think that your sons will be raped, so I can understand it, but it's still annoying.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.