Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just needing a few things to finish, but at least as a fixie it's rideable. i've got my set of old paul's cantis to throw on, but am waiting on a pair of cane creek scr-5 lever to pull them with, then i'll tape up the bars as well. only thing i didn't swap from the crosscheck were the levers and the seat clamp. i'll also get about drilling the rear cable guides open to run my preferred full housing run. it sat overnight out on the deck after a generous inside coating of rust displacer/inhibitor.

had to shim the seatclamp a tad bit; the one i had was a 34.9mm.... yeah, it's using a lot of shim. :) i'll probably have larry get me a green Hope collar of the appropriate size. and the gunky stuff on the bar is just leftover adhesive from the old tape.
doesn't have the tire clearance of the crosscheck, but i'm ok with that, and knew it ahead of time. front and rear tioga bloodhounds at 38mm with a tiny bit to spare.

yep, that is a headtube extender under the bottom headset cup. i like the slacker angles with it down there. headset reducer cups (to run the 1" king set i already had, plus the extender make for a mess up front. meh. it's just going to get dirty anyhow.)
i'ts a 51cm. glad i got it over the 54. i really prefer a small frame, so this is *perfect* so far. at least it was feeling pretty good around the block getting things dialed a bit.

unknown steel fork, King HS with reducer cups and under headtube extender. cable clamp and carbon spacer. Ti Cycles stem, Titec Malone bar 46cm.
American Classic ti post, Performance housebrand SLR clone seat. generic seatpost clamp. Box ti pedals (got a generic pair of wellgos coming; swapping the ti axles to those. yep, it works. i'm not fond of the elastomers in the Box pedals) Control Tech ti allen wheel skewers. Surly/Mavic/15-16DB spokes/green alu nips. Race Face Taperlock Ti BB, Cook Bros. crank, alu crank and ring bolts. 38x15/19 fixed/free. about 18.5# now, should be a hair over 19# once i get the brakes and tape on. not too bad for a mix of light and generic, and a 4.5# frame. the fork is lighter than a crosscheck fork, but not by much.

Attachments

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts
Nice!

The bike looks great and will definitely be a blast to ride. I am also running the Cane Creek levers and they give a nice large surface to grab onto when riding the hoods. They work well and are great for the price. If I see you fixin around the front range trails and roads, I'll make sure I say hi. Enjoy!

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
I Just got mine...rode it to work today for the first long ride.....didn't damage my self ot tyhe bike cuz its fixed (Not used to that though hehe).

Nice looking bike.

Stu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.