Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relatively speaking, a quarter of an hour goes by pretty quick.

A year (well, a riding season...) of handheld video condensed into 15 minutes. No wheel size discrimination was employed in the editing of these clips... View at your own risk!

Enjoy!

MC

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
having now ridden on some rougher large rock bits like that I more understand the need for suspension :)...watching you showes even more so why...

good year :)... and fun video...

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Absolutely excellent Mike, thanks for sharing that :thumbsup: Someday I will get the courage to try stuff like that - hopefully :skep:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not enough wrecks left in, but still an awesome collection of what looks like a good group of guys that LOVE the rock features. I agree with remembering what's so great about full suss. A lot of that would be pretty rough without springies front and rear! It looks like you had a great year.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That is a whole pile of AWESOME! Nice riding your tech skills are really impressive. Not to mention the determination involved in trying and retrying dificult sections multiple times.

Take Care,

PF

·
Beware the Blackbuck!
469 Posts
Awesome video. Amazing skills to be sure. It was refreshing to see the tries it took to get through some of those sections.

Roc said:
what's the secret on how to get clipped in and out of your pedals so quickly?
Necessity.

Less sarcastically, practice helps a lot. I would imagine using them on every bike would help reinforce a rotating movement every single time you need to put a foot on the ground. If those two don't work, Shimano makes a cleat that can release from a wider variety of angles than a regular cleat, depending on the petal retention tension setting.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Amazing stuff. I really like the way you pogo stick the bike to change the angle of attack on a move. It's a cool reminder that you don't need to leave vapor trails every time you're on the bike to have fun.

ps looks like you got the video editing software figured out, too!

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Hey Mikesee, two things bro, one I think I know a thing or two about good skilled riding and that's the best video I think I've ever seen here on MTBR. And two EVERY time I watch one of your video's I always end up saying to myself LENZ Huuummmm?

·
This place needs an enema
17,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all of the comments--y'all are welcome.

The footage in the first video was all from '07--that was a very fun year.

Just finished clipping, cutting, and pasting together everything from '08. An even more funnerer year. Same basic riding crew, with scenes from Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, and Colorado.

Enjoy...

MC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.