Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Pictures from the past couple of rides out at Whypass, one was last Sunday when it was pretty muddy and today when it was frozen solid.

Next Saturday should be pretty good conditions if the weather holds this week. Looking forward to leading a super long ride out there for those feeling up to some miles.

Larger pic's are here, http://picasaweb.google.com/generalcoonskins/MountainBikingPictures

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,731 Posts
Nice pictures, Richard. They're makin' me wish I'd ridden out there today. Oil well, see you Wednesday night if you're there, Saturday for All Comer's Meat if not.

--Sparty

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meat Foot said:
Who's that on the SS? Looks like an Albee. Iz et? Or is it his twin bro? ;) Also, looks like a 9er of some sort or anudder. :D
It's an Albee Impersonator :)

He decided to break his 6 year old Alum Giant on Friday night. After a furious search for a bike to borrow he ended up with a new Monocog 29er to ride on Sunday :)

He seemed to be having fun on it :)

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
General Coonskins said:

He decided to break his 6 year old Alum Giant on Friday night. After a furious search for a bike to borrow he ended up with a new Monocog 29er to ride on Sunday :)

Nice. Very nice. Muuuhahahahah...muhahahahahahahahah! :p

·
Registered
683 Posts
Guilty as charged!

General Coonskins said:

As I was getting ready for a snow romp on Friday night, I shook my bike and heard something wrong....very wrong. Upon inspection I noticed that the beer can of a frame I'd been riding for 6 years had sheared at the down tube just below the head tube. (Maybe it'll be schwag at ACM!). It led a good, long life, which was tragically ended only about a month and a half after its SS conversion.

But....out of the bad came the good....

I was without a mud bike for almost 24 hours ("oh, the horror!") . I just about started hyperventilating when I pondered the fact that I wouldn't have a bike for The Meat. So Saturday I called around, then went to Paul's bikes, and, next thing I knew, I was riding out on a Monocog 29er.

That thing feels sweet!! Just gobbled up those logs and gave me confidence to ride a little more aggressively than I would otherwise. And suspension? Who needs suspension? I'll just let a little air out of the tires, there's my suspension!

The virgin outing was fantastic. Mostly clear,snow-lined trails, and the exposed areas that had some snow, still had great traction. The worst thing for handling out there was the hoarfrost in spots along the trails.

So now, after years of ridiculing singlespeeds, I am now the proud owner of a rigid, 29-inch SS. I had always vowed that I would never ride singlespeeds and never ride the Cream Puff. So who knows, the 'Puff on a SS? NEVER :rolleyes: :D

Just ordered some Kenda Klaws last night, which will shave some weight off the stock wire bead Exiwolfs. I did miss my bar ends on the steeper climbs, so I'm going to get a longer stem and a (lighter) straight bar with bar ends. I'm not putting any effin' bar ends on a riser bar! (Say it in the tone of Paul Giamatti in "Sideways" where he says, "I'm not drinking any f*#&ing merlot!")

So....yeah, I'm pretty stoked! Can't wait 'til the Wednesday nighter, and ACM!!

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,731 Posts
Meat Foot said:
Cool, now when your done with the real Albee, please return his skin suit (think Face Off, J. Travolta and N. Cage). :eek:
Coming soon... Ol'Denberg starring in... SKINSUIT OFF! {gasp}

:nono::yikes:

--Sparty

P.S. Er, rather NOT coming soon...

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,731 Posts
MaxSteel said:
Thread hijack!!! Everybody is all excited about Albee getting his new SS.....nobody even noticed mine!!:smallviolin:
Nice new singlespeed, Paul. Don't feel neglected because Albee and his new sled are getting more attention than you & yours. Albee whimpers & whines more, so he needs the extra attention anyway.

I'm eager to see your new bike at ACM3 on Saturday! (Unless you'll be at the night ride tonight... if so, I'll see it then.)

--Sparty

·
DOD Member
352 Posts
Read this with the voice of Eyore....Thanks for noticin'.

Regular voice....no night ride with the DOD tonight, but I did pick up the Mary bar from Scott and plan to switch it out and maybe test ride in my front yard..in the dark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.