Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halfway through a week in Breckenridge, including a few laps at the Firecracker 50..

This thread could've been titled "what to do in Breck when it's raining"

</img>

</img>

you can always outlast rain when you have refreshments
</img>

and entertainment

</img>

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
and of course, there are trails to ride before the rain starts (hopefully)

good friends are always willing to ham it up

</img>

and even take few wrong turns just to explore

</img>

sometimes your own bike is all that is needed inthe foreground

</img>

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firecracker 50

After 3 days of rain beginninf between 12 and 1 in the afternoon, I knew that I was going to get wet during the second lap. I'd probably be dodging bolts during the climb up Boreas Pass..

The day before I broke many biking rules.. bike adjustments, gear re-selection (and then re-re-selection) and new slippers

</img>

The day started off nice though, and if you have to climb road, you should have nice scenery..

</img>

and the recent rains had the trails at a perfect level of tackiness

</img>

but not enough to help many going up Little French Gulch

</img>

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The volunteers also appreciated the dry weather, and they were very appreciated by the racers

</img>

Jeff of Maverick Productions must've spent all night calling in favors and making deals, because the rain never came (although looming clouds and thunder during the second little french gulch climb had me worried)

During the second climb up Boreas Pass, I found a replenishment fluid better than Cytomax

</img>

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
sportsman said:
During the second climb up Boreas Pass, I found a replenishment fluid better than Cytomax
Bubbles! I wanna see bubbles! :D

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
looks like you had a fun time, Scott. But a Maple Nut Brown Ale?? Did you extend your little finger when you took a sip?

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those who have never had tommyknockers can only scoff

is your pinky gonna be extended when you ride your geared, suspended bike in Breck in two weeks? Make sure that you stop by the breck brewery, and if you make it up to frisco, the backwoods brewery..good stuff...

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tiny bubbles..in my head...

the photog didn't do me justice (but I still did have somewhere between 4000 and 6000 more feet of climbing left)

it was pretty cool, he had a little rock set up on the side of the road and was giving shots to anyone that went off the road and jumped the rock. I had to rep the ssers :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You always have more fun!

Ha - great post and pix Scott. Looks like a great time despite some rain (felt weird, eh?).

glen

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
sportsman said:
those who have never had tommyknockers can only scoff

is your pinky gonna be extended when you ride your geared, suspended bike in Breck in two weeks? Make sure that you stop by the breck brewery, and if you make it up to frisco, the backwoods brewery..good stuff...
hell i hope i have enough strength to lift my pinky when that thing is over.

Thx for the beer tip...will do for sure. It is afterall, the reason that I ride.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Although there is pretty good riding where I live, I should get over there sometime for some variety. Sure looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts