Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Are there a lot of rock sections like the one shown below, or is the the trail mostly dirt/roots?

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi RKJ. yes there are lots of rock sections, however not as much as say Torrance Barrens or Cornell Lake, which are almost entirely rock. Buckwallow also has lots of roots pretty much everywhere. But at Buckwallow most of the granite is on the more technical trails, which I don't get onto very much when Bonnie is riding with me. She rides pretty technical stuff without realising it when she has to, but prefers the easier route when its an option. I was supposed to get back out with a group ride this afternoon that would put me onto those trails, and I would have taken more pics to post. As happens, I had made too many other promises and just couldn't cram that in. Next time ((-8
btw, I thought you had been to Buckwallow before, specifically for the O-cup. If not, you and your sister should make the trip, you would both love it. Nice KOA campground right beside Buckwallow, makes a great & cheap vacation!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
BlackCanoeDog said:
Hi RKJ. yes there are lots of rock sections, however not as much as say Torrance Barrens or Cornell Lake, which are almost entirely rock. Buckwallow also has lots of roots pretty much everywhere. But at Buckwallow most of the granite is on the more technical trails, which I don't get onto very much when Bonnie is riding with me. She rides pretty technical stuff without realising it when she has to, but prefers the easier route when its an option. I was supposed to get back out with a group ride this afternoon that would put me onto those trails, and I would have taken more pics to post. As happens, I had made too many other promises and just couldn't cram that in. Next time ((-8
btw, I thought you had been to Buckwallow before, specifically for the O-cup. If not, you and your sister should make the trip, you would both love it. Nice KOA campground right beside Buckwallow, makes a great & cheap vacation!
I've never been there before, but I do plan to do the O-Cup there this year. I used to rely on my parents to drive me from Niagara Falls to the bike races, and they said it was too far. Now, it is up to me. I pay the gas. And, if I leave from Toronto (where I am staying for this summer), the trip is over an hour shorter.

My sister is slowly gaining confidence on some of the more technical sections, but she won't be doing any O-Cup racing this year.

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rkj__ said:
I've never been there before, but I do plan to do the O-Cup there this year. I used to rely on my parents to drive me from Niagara Falls to the bike races, and they said it was too far. Now, it is up to me. I pay the gas. And, if I leave from Toronto (where I am staying for this summer), the trip is over an hour shorter.
You will like it for sure, its probably the most popular venue of the series. Would be good if you could get up and camp on the Fri or at least Sat, to get some preriding in. The terrain is much different than what you would be used to riding. Also they leave out the more technical trails for the race, so you will miss a lot of what Buckwallow has to offer if you just come and ride the Ocup course.

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wankel said:
Nice pics! What trail is that log ride section on? I don't remember seeing it last year.
You are right, it's a recent build. Mike does such nice work on these. He sawed off the side of a large fallen pine that lay parallel to the trail. Great job of using what was lying right there. That is on Short&Sweet, which is at the back end of Marsh Trail. Short&Sweet was also made longer, but that happened last summer. I think he is going to open a few new trails this year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think I saw you there today . We came in the big green truck . And saw you on the trails a couple of times , well I think it might of been you .

I was riding the Azonic .

cheers

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spyder56 said:
I think I saw you there today . We came in the big green truck . And saw you on the trails a couple of times , well I think it might of been you .

I was riding the Azonic .

cheers
Where you with a group of maybe 5-6 riders stopped between "Show Time" and " Frankly My Deer" ??
I was with Bonnie and two or our friends, all of us on Devinci bikes. I drive a silver Subaru WRX wagon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.