Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 246 Posts

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
This is the initial mount up, haven't even put them on a bike yet. Personally, I don't like the Gary bars, the drop extension is way too short. These will be destined for the Woodchipper bars on my DB Overdrive.

I only mounted them up to these bars to see what they looked like. The position will take some tweaking, but I didn't want to unwrap the other bars until I was sure they would work.

I will have to fiddle with them quite a bit before I am satisfied.:thumbsup:

frog

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
I like it! That may be the ticket to making them feel right. Luckily, that's an easy mod!

Are those the original DKG mounts? I assume you made the extensions? I would love to see the plans for those. I think the hole pattern for the shifters I have is different than the XT/XTR. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it while I was reverse engineering it!:madman:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is constantly tinkering w/bike parts!

BTW DoubleCentury, what do you do for a living? Just curious how you got into machining?

frog

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
Wait!

Did you cast those too?:eek:

Holy crap, you have quite the setup!

Now I am jealous, and my shop has a HAAS CNC Mill and Mori Seiki dual spindle CNC Lathe!

More info and pics please!

81 - 100 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.