Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Very nice, :thumbsup:

That's an expensive little part there in machine time eh? 3 hours or so......
Makes it about a $300 - $400 part

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
DoubleCentury said:
1.5 hours. But yes, an expensive little part, especially when you consider the investment in machines.[/QUOTE}

You young guys work quick.

hope you made a fixture so you can make 100 of them :p

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Looks like the top of a flip flop stem? If so, I never would have gone to the trouble. There are people that have them in NOS for $9.95-$11.95 maybe not the right length though?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"It just dawned on me that I havent worked on any old bikes in a long while. Looks like you used an existing quill?"

What do you mean...I stamped the "MAX 22mm" line myself and ribbed the bottom expander. This is serious reproduction work. ;-)

Working on too many carbon bikes and disk brakes?

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
DoubleCentury said:
More parts fab, this time 6mm ferrules. Seems like every bike I build these days needs a few.

I can hear the PM's filling up your inbox from way over here!:cool:

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
DoubleCentury said:
"I can hear the PM's filling up your inbox from way over here!"

Yeah, that occurred to me before posting it. Sorry, I'm not taking orders.
Pah-leeeeeeezzzzzz!!!!!:D

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
DoubleCentury said:
Actually, I don't own any GT's either, thus the ";-)". But I suppose it would work on a GT.

Where is such a part available NOS?
GT Flip Flop stem from 1991. They are commonly available on eBay for as little as $9.95-$15.95 but are always black. One seller has both 1" and 1-1/8" listed in his store quite often. Stop turning and start buying :)

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Those are a dime a dozen too. Some of you guys need to learn to use google.
ferrule end-cap cadplate 6mm 10 pack ... $4.99 More common in motorcycle shops these days then bike shops.
There's also a ton of old Tioga 2.0mm innerwire brake cable sets out there that come with them.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
gm1230126 said:
Those are a dime a dozen too. Some of you guys need to learn to use google.
ferrule end-cap cadplate 6mm 10 pack ... $4.99 More common in motorcycle shops these days then bike shops.
There's also a ton of old Tioga 2.0mm innerwire brake cable sets out there that come with them.
Cool, score me a couple of packs and then pm me. 6mm OD, 6mm ID step down.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts