Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One cop and 3 rangers vs one 'george-da-trog- in the green jacket. The cop on the far left was a pretty cool guy. The ranger speaking was just a dick. They didn't want a bunch of people playing poker, getting out of hand, and causing trouble.

Twenty minutes later we had a crowd of people at the camp site with a couple SacBrew kegs ramming each other on small bikes..... that was just fine.

First pic.... the confrontation

Second pic....... pre sumo gathering

george

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,639 Posts
george_da_trog said:
One cop and 3 rangers vs one 'george-da-trog- in the green jacket. The cop on the far left was a pretty cool guy. The ranger speaking was just a dick. They didn't want a bunch of people playing poker, getting out of hand, and causing trouble.

Twenty minutes later we had a crowd of people at the camp site with a couple SacBrew kegs ramming each other on small bikes..... that was just fine.

george
So the rangers read MTBR too then. BTW, we looked for your campsite Sat night, and could not find it. Maybe next year.

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
lemme get this straight...

george_da_trog said:

george
The only reason for the confrontation was because you were playing poker? What am I missing?

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gobike said:
The only reason for the confrontation was because you were playing poker? What am I missing?
We hadn't started yet, we were scheduled to start around 7pm. But yeah, they were afraid of what might happen if a bunch of people started playing poker. I'm not sure what they expected but they just didn't want things to "Get out of hand."

george

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speedub.Nate said:
What's that blocking the first picture? It sure looks like a full-on poker table, a suitcase full of poker chips, all under a lighted canopy. "No officer, no poker game here. Honest!"
Padded rail and full felt table, 1000 chips and Copag cards.... I don't mess around when I play poker.

george

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Wow

george_da_trog said:
We hadn't started yet, we were scheduled to start around 7pm. But yeah, they were afraid of what might happen if a bunch of people started playing poker. I'm not sure what they expected but they just didn't want things to "Get out of hand."

george
truly pathetic!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wtf

Your at a major bike event with people crashing all day long, choppers and ambulences and these rent a cops are worried about what might happen if a handful of guys sit under a tent and play poker in the evening? Why don't they just spend their time making sure nobody is out "collecting" a bunch of bikes and other equipment from various sites. Law enforcement never ceases to amaze....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.