·
What, me worry?
59 Posts
Makes me want my bike on some dirt. :)

Thanks for the inspirada!

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
Man, if you can afford wheels like that then you can do better than a digicam that received luke-warm reviews when it came out four years ago. Still, a lot could be done to improve these shots in an editor - particularly the poor contrast in the last shot. Just saying....

·
Heart Plumber
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clones123 said:
Man, if you can afford wheels like that then you can do better than a digicam that received luke-warm reviews when it came out four years ago. Still, a lot could be done to improve these shots in an editor - particularly the poor contrast in the last shot. Just saying....
Yep, lot to learn about photography. But I don´t see myself carrying a heavy and fragile SLR to the trails either. Thanks for the critic, next time would be better.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Clones123 said:
Maybe he CAN'T buy a better camera because he purchased those wheels......;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought an Olympus E520 - the smallest bodied SLR on the market without going to the extreme expense of a micro our thirds. Got a very nice prime lens, it takes some descent photos and fits into my rucksack.

Anyway, I have a blog, I write with the sole intention of inspiring people to ride if it's of interest to anyone - mountainbikewriter.blogspot.com

Here's two pics from it I hope you like :)

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
bluechair84 said:
I bought an Olympus E520 - the smallest bodied SLR on the market without going to the extreme expense of a micro our thirds.
Nope - not even close. Compared to the E-520 at 52.5 cu in. (475g), the smaller E-420/450 at 38.6 cu in. (380g) sit as the world's smallest DSLR's. Combined with the
seriously small Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 pancake lens, it makes for an impressively small yet capable camera package. The E-520 used to sit as the world's smallest
sensor-stabilized DSLR but even there it's been eclipsed by the newer (Feb 2009) E-600/620 at 45.3 cu in. (475g).

Myself, I use a E-420 with the 25mm pancake (and optionally a ZD40-150mm zoom) as a lightweight, travel camera. Fun to use and cheap too - I only paid $352
for the body and both lenses, all brand new. When image quality is more important than weight and size, which is the norm, I shoot a Pentax K-7 (weather-resistant
and built like a tank) along with a few nicer lenses and a flash.

·
Cthulhu fhtagn
438 Posts
Clones123 said:
this is lame. maybe he cares more about his bike then what stupid camera hes dragging out into the woods

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clones123 said:
Nope - not even close. Compared to the E-520 at 52.5 cu in. (475g), the smaller E-420/450 at 38.6 cu in. (380g) sit as the world's smallest DSLR's. Combined with the seriously small Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 pancake lens, it makes for an impressively small yet capable camera package. The E-520 used to sit as the world's smallest sensor-stabilized DSLR but even there it's been eclipsed by the newer (Feb 2009) E-600/620 at 45.3 cu in. (475g).

Myself, I use a E-420 with the 25mm pancake (and optionally a ZD40-150mm zoom) as a lightweight, travel camera. Fun to use and cheap too - I only paid $352 for the body and both lenses, all brand new. When image quality is more important than weight and size, which is the norm, I shoot a Pentax K-7 (weather-resistant and built like a tank) along with a few nicer lenses and a flash.
lol, so post up some pics, Ansel

·
Registered
193 Posts
Lame? Surely your bike mags would be pretty damn boring if it wasn't for the effort that photographers go to take a descent camera, set up a descent shot and get an awesome exposure.
I enjoy taking photos of people riding almost as much as riding itself, especially when something fantastic comes out.
@clones and cozmo - I considered the smaller E420 but went for the inbody stabilizer.

here's another;

·
Registered
13 Posts
don't get me wrong, as a DLSR owner, i'm a fan of them as much as the next guy. i'm looking for a hard case that i'd feel comfortable taking mine out with me on the trails, and until then i'll stick to my point and shoot for riding/shooting duty.

point being, the OP asked for pics, not for a critique on his choice of camera equipment.

·
smalljeans
55 Posts
for somebody who is worried about anothers camera choice:nono: , you should at least put something up that makes you look like you know how to shoot with your setup! The OP took some pics to share, of what looks like a fun day, not to get blasted by the critics.

·
Registered
193 Posts
100% dundee said:
for somebody who is worried about anothers camera choice:nono: , you should at least put something up that makes you look like you know how to shoot with your setup! The OP took some pics to share, of what looks like a fun day, not to get blasted by the critics.
Was that aimed at me?
Where was the quote that was criticising his pictures? I see only one person criticising here.
I was saying that there are options for descent cameras that are portable, and he did ask for us to post ours :skep:

·
Heart Plumber
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bluechair84 said:
Was that aimed at me?
Where was the quote that was criticising his pictures? I see only one person criticising here.
I was saying that there are options for descent cameras that are portable, and he did ask for us to post ours :skep:
Wait. This post is about the feeling you get when you stop for a minute to rest and you see your bike as the beauty that it is. Is about the lucky you feel when you realize the privilege of riding a trail this nice, is about that moment of peace and quiet happiness this moment gives me.

Is not about a silly discussion about who has the best camera or why or how much a set of wheels cost or is chosen.

I´m a cardiovascular surgeon, in this exact moment i´m waiting a couple of minutes before entering an amputation surgery of a patient that had fight for months trying to keep his leg. Later I´ll remove some nasty plaques in the carotid artery of another patient that had a stroke.

Come back to what this "thing" is all about. Share with others how lucky we are and how good mountain biking makes you feel.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts