Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Do it for Deegan
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So during this wonderful (not) downtime of upgrading/converting/replacing many components on my hardtail instead of riding it I have obviously hit a few bumps in the road from all the new parts going on the bike. With three different experiences at two different LBS's that left a pretty nasty taste in my mouth its very enlightening to come by truly refreshing customer support in this whole experience. After tightening down all the nuts and bolts on my new crankset I noticed some horizontal play, about 1mm or so worth. Without a new RF crank arm bolt I used a old one from a shimano crankset and figured this could be the issue. So comes the phone call to RF customer support to see if they could provide some insight for me. After explaining that I didnt even get the crank from them but a 3rd party website he didnt even bat an eye and continued to go along with excellent support. We identified that using the improper crank arm bolt could be the source of my issue and offered to send me free of charge the proper bolt plus some spacers in case that didnt do it. Talk about amazing customer support. Although when I told him my shipping address was in NICEville he asked if everyone here was nice...
like I havent heard that before. -1 point! Overall 99/100 on the customer support charts!

Ill give him the point back for not asking me to pay postage!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Glad to hear you have you may have resolved the issue. The last RF crankset I got had the bolt tucked into the plastic bb shell between the cups, took me a moment to find it... it was a long moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.