Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my little collection front to back:

'02/'05 RFX / Six Pack / Five Spot hybrid. 5 to 6" depending on build
'05 Flux. 4"
'96 Burner S# A01. 2.5 to 3.6" depending on build

all mine, all fully rideable, all fully, metalicly bonered!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
cactuscorn said:
heres my little collection front to back:

'02/'05 RFX / Six Pack / Five Spot hybrid. 5 to 6" depending on build
'05 Flux. 4"
'96 Burner S# A01. 2.5 to 3.6" depending on build

all mine, all fully rideable, all fully, metalicly bonered!
So who's your favorite? You HAVE to pick one!
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah pal. it kinda makes my stomach go flighty when i turn around and look. and lookin i am. this is pretty friggin cool! the only thing that woulda been cooler is if the rfx or flux had a new '06 rear end makin 3 generations of design as dt put it. maybe that day will come soon enough if things go right. ya never know whats around the bend here in the old folks home.
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Biker75 said:
So who's your favorite? You HAVE to pick one!
man, you have no idea how tough that would be for me to do.

the burner: my first dualy, my first shite hot ride, and a good one at that. then theres the serial number thing makin it a true piece of turner history.

the flux: bay far the finest performing mountain bike ive ever ridden and the culmination of many years of work and planning.

the SPaaNB: a dream realized yet not ridden. i just finished the 5" mode last night as the snow began to fall with meaning. more snow today and still more to come tomorrow as i perform 6" transformation sugery. might be march before it gets to see the dirt. unless... hey azspeedfreek.... wanna? say february sometime maybe? it could happen.
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
Cool! I see you're into "Specialized" bikes :p
my 1st real bike (meaning a mtb that i rode in the dirt) was a '93 stumpy and i was a dealer back a few years and yeah, i like their stuff alot. damn fine production bikes. but mostly its a way cool piece of P.O.P. dont ya think?
 

Attachments

·
Amphibious Technologies
Joined
·
3,472 Posts
cactuscorn said:
my 1st real bike (meaning a mtb that i rode in the dirt) was a '93 stumpy and i was a dealer back a few years and yeah, i like their stuff alot. damn fine production bikes. but mostly its a way cool piece of P.O.P. dont ya think?
I definitely agree that they make very nice production bikes. My first real mtb was a Specialized too ('99 FSR).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
SCUBAPRO said:
I definitely agree that they make very nice production bikes. My first real mtb was a Specialized too ('99 FSR).
My first one was also a Stumpy, a 1988 white stumpjumper. I still use it today to ride to the "boulangerie" .
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i thought ya had 3 at least! given the funds and the chance, i grab a med stinger in a heartbeat! not to outdo you my friend, but cuz thems soooo cool. always wanted one since i rode the proto but never made the money to afford it, till now.

"boulangerie"????

ya know, scuba, i almost got a '99 fsr. i was so friggin close. even had my name on the list for the first production run but backed out and re did the burner to the spec you see it in now. in hind site, it was still a good move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
cactuscorn said:
i thought ya had 3 at least! given the funds and the chance, i grab a med stinger in a heartbeat! not to outdo you my friend, but cuz thems soooo cool. always wanted one since i rode the proto but never made the money to afford it, till now.

"boulangerie"????

ya know, scuba, i almost got a '99 fsr. i was so friggin close. even had my name on the list for the first production run but backed out and re did the burner to the spec you see it in now. in hind site, it was still a good move.
Boulangerie is bakery. Once again, excuse my French!
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
doh! no pun intended... really, im serious this time. oh screw it if ya dont believe me. anywho, i shoulda known that one. other than that the only french i know is "PROST"!
 

·
I think I need to Upgrade
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
cactuscorn said:
the SPaaNB: a dream realized yet not ridden. i just finished the 5" mode last night as the snow began to fall with meaning. more snow today and still more to come tomorrow as i perform 6" transformation sugery. might be march before it gets to see the dirt. unless... hey azspeedfreek.... wanna? say february sometime maybe? it could happen.
You know I heard that Feb. in AZ is rather nice compared to the Midwest. You know kinda dry with lows in the 40s at night maybe highs of 60ish. Oh and the trails are always open and clear of snow :eek: :D .
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmmmmmmmmmmm............. no snow huh? ive heard that. this trip was supposed to be to see mom for a few days. maybe she would understand a bike day plugged in there somewhere dont ya think?
 

·
...
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
That 93 SJ rode really nice...

I still had a beater Trek 820 at the time, I had just sold HKEK and was saving up for Trek 7000. A friend of mine had one of those Stumpys and I rode it quite a few times, really liked the ride.

BTW, nice collection...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Nice bikes.

The blue turner is custom made right? The support bar that goes down from the seat post to the top tube, is that part of the custom design? I looked on the turner site and none of them have a support like that.


I will not have my flux until Jan, but I am already thinking about my next turner purchase. I'm debating between the spot and the six pack. Probably wouldn't be until 07. Also wish Turner made a hard tail.......
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nope, not a custom. its a '02 front end and a '05 rear and rockers. the ava is from '04 and the dhx c is a '06. what is non standard is the paint which dt and i chose and the hydro guides too. originally it had what are called "monkey fingers", a item many of us never liked so much. it was dt's call to remove them and install these one off retainers. acctually there may be more out there. i dunno. what i do know are these are mega sanno in all respects. im just a few hours away from it bein able to go to 6" travel front and rear. check this link http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=147764 for updates and more info on the SPaaNB. big hit pics by tonight at the latest. unless i throw this friggin pc through the comp shops front window today. idiots didnt back up thousands of hours of work before reformating my drive. ask me if im pissed. go ahead, ask me.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top