Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lookin' for a hill
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring I finished a masters program at Northern Illinois University, and after the events this year, it was time to get out of town. How convienent that my girlfriend was planning to spend the summer with family in Scotland. I said I would go if I could go biking on the mountain ridges that Mr. Gibson ran across in Braveheart. An email later, I found the 7stanes of Scotland and learned that the Glentress, the biggest of them all was less than a mile from where I would be staying. Time to find a bike case, right. I looked into airfare and found that British Airways would carry bikes free of charge in addition to my baggage. So away I went, and I have been enjoying my time since. The case worked great and the bike arrived perfect. Now I just ride the trails as much as I can. and the summer is great. I did have one spill on the Mushroom Pie extention trail and may have bruised/cracked a rib, but that isn't stopping my amazing summer... back up to spooky wood!
here are some pics and I will add more or more stories as the summer goes on. been here since june 5th and leave august 31st.
Crossing my fingers for a weekend trip to Fort Williams and Nevis.

Ride On!

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
I lived in Scotland for a year back in 2001. Great country. I really miss it. I didn't have a MTB with me at the time, so I only managed to hike a number of the Munros. Your photos bring back fond memories...I look forward to more of your posts as the summer goes along.

Ben Nevis for me was a disappointment. I really saw nary a soul while hiking most of the Munros...except Nevis. If you take the main track, it's about 10' wide and as crowded as an amusement park line. Twould be a difficult ride with so many people in the way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i spent some time up in glentres last summer it rocked! i assume you have been over to innerleithen too pretty cool place. your a lucky boy
p.s. the ice cream shop in innerleithen is very good!

·
Killer b.
1,523 Posts
Dunno if you can ride there, or would want to, but if you like hiking then Glencoe is worth a visit. Pretty gnarly terrain up there, not to mention interesting history.
Are you making a tour of the Distilleries while you're there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.