Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
You undo the quick release on the skewer. Then turn the knob on the other side. Then pull the wheel off.

I suggest u not try to take out the fork. It's not an easy task for beginners

·
nubee
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I got the fork out off of the donor bike, but I cant get the fork off of the recipient. Nor can I get the shifter/brake cable off the handle bars of the recipient bike. the recipient bike is older and has the center pull canti brakes. All the screws keep stripping, almost time to say to hell with it and take it down to the bike shop so I can get laughed at and lighten my pockets at the same time

·
nubee
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally realized that I was indeed using a standard allen wrench on metric bolts. I used copious amounts of penetrating lube. I probably should have just bought a metric allen wrench, but I caved and just took it to the lbs after I couldn't get the old fork off the recipient bike. dang can't get my bike back until wednesday. gonna miss a whole 4 day weekend. grrr

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.