Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A snowball has about as much chance of survival in San Diego as in hell, right?

Except....

A very cold front swooped down into San Diego over the weekend and brought snow levels down to 1200 feet. This is, for the most part an extremely rare occurance.

I've lived here for over 30 years and seen it snow only once, before.

So, I got up early on Sunday morning and hit the trail. I wanted to get an early start and try to capture our local mountains covered in snow.

I was treated to some of the most spectacular conditions I've ever seen out there. It was surreal to see patches of snow at such low elevation!

More images here:

·
Trail Ninja
6,306 Posts
A little snow left over before the melt here in SoCal (Riverside). You can see a small patch of it in the trail ahead at least. No snow capping the foothills here, but can see the snowcapped mountains on the skyline on clear days.

Edit: added 2nd pic. It's funny how seeing snow on a trail when you're out with shorts on a nice sunny 55F day is picture worthy for us in Cali, yet nothing special for guys up in the NE.

I grew up in NY and thought the giant football sized pine cones were more interesting and the snow was fun to ride through.

Attachments

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Yes, exactly

Silentfoe said:
Global "warming"?
Changing weather patterns. Higher worldwide average temps also mean more evaporation of bodies of water, and more relative humidity. Average worldwide RH is up 10% in the last 20 years as well. More water in the air means stronger storms and more possibility of rain and snow everywhere. It's not political, it's scientific fact.

Great pix, Aqua. I seriously wanna ride down there sometime soon.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
DAVP said:
AWESOME!! Never seen a "big tire" in the air like that before. How's the landing?
It's not the biggest I've hit with the fatty by any means. Probably only a 3 footer. But, it's got a sketch vibe to it. Uphill run in, with a kink. It's a blind leap of faith as well.

I'll hit it all day long on a squish bike.

I've always wanted to give it a whirl on the Ti bike, but just could never muster up the stones to commit.

Maybe it was the condition of the dirt, last weekend? Dunno. But, the bike just felt really good. So, I pulled the trigger. The landing was butter! I went back for 2 more hits.

I guess with a well made tranny...it's really nothing to stress over.

jmw said:
Aqua,
so, what happened to the Wolfhound?

The Hound's collecting dust. I need to take her out for a proper flogging. She's probably feeling a bit neglected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.