Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the most interesting cycling-related (ok, that's a stretch) film I have seen in a while. It is a seriously odd, animated film about a french kid who grows up to ride in the Tour, but gets abducted, and how his caretaker and his dog try to rescue him.

The film is probably more suited for adults than kids. It may be a little too weird or subtle for children. A lot of the humor and creativity stems from the caricatures of the characters. There is almost no dialogue, but the action and interactions are easy to follow.

The animation is superb and very creative, the story is weird and fun, and the whole film is quite an experience.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh yeah, I saw this a few years back on the big screen. Very quirky and very enjoyable. The animation was superb and the music was pretty cool too. A very fun movie, and not just for cyclists - well worth checking out.

Might be time to see it again - thanks for the reminder!

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
I always liked the training scene where his mother blows the whistle in cadence as he rides up the hills, and the lost look in his face from training all the time. Not too far off from what real roadies look like. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.