Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a short ride.Comparing the bike to my GT K2, It felt light and it was quick steering. I took it out on a short singletrack trail in Campbell that had rocks,ruts and some short climbs and corners.I swapped the Biopace with a round ring and installed different rims and a new flat bar.Everything else is stock Deore.I need a new,narrow chain and tires but other than that,I'm happy with it.
I'll be giving it another go when I tweak it a little more.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I knew you'd figure it out Rumphy. Ha ha.:D

I was on my way to Los Gatos when it started raining. I cut the ride short.Good thing.My rear tire's sidewall had a cut and the tube was sticking out. Time for new tires. A VRC member wanted to know how this bike handled. Just keeping him updated.

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
I tink it is a 16 or an 18. Bike came specked with all xt but a tange headset and strong post tioga tbone stem and presteige bars. When it was mine it had the ird brake ,ird stem,cook bros titanium bars, ird setpost, bullseye wheels. This is how it ended up after me.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I tried to find another way of discribing how the bike rides. Somehow slow and boat-like handling didn't fit this bike.:D
However,that discription fits my old Stumpjumper.;) Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.