Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scott Stryker 940 with Maxxon 29 x 2.6 Rekon tyres on 30mm rims. It's fantastic on rough land up a mountain. Just at the moment, most of my mileage will be on tarmac and they're not so good at that. I want to swap them out for something more suitable until I can get back on the hills. I'm interested in being more than a passenger on the bike and the big soft tyres make over-running the motor-assist unpleasant because they're so wallowy and soak up so much energy.

Googling isn't doing anything more than confusing me about what can be fitted and what should be fitted. Can any of you guys tell me what I should be looking for? Hard surfaces and a bit of well-defined track, dry and wet.

Many thanks in advance.

Louise

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a 140mm full suspension ebike and you want to mainly ride it on the road? I'd recommend pumping up the tires to max psi and call it a day.
Covid - health issues - lifestyle change, yes, I know the bike needs mountain, but I need to be patient.

Have blown tyres up and turned suspension to hard, it works better on tarmac than it did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.