Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i was watching the karpiel d.v in the web but i get stuck with the geometry, i dont really understand the true about it, couse they put the geo in inches and cm. and i usually use the cm way the understand the geo but when i was trying it on the d.v the results giveme something totally different. for example the measure of the chainstay betwen cm and inches says 450mm "cm" and 17 inches, and 17 inches are 431,8mm and it leaves me with big doubts.. to the eye, i guess that the real measure of the frame is in inches (i'd like it was on cm really)
but is somebody could clarify this doubt to me, I would be very grateful. (im interested on the frame)

thanks. (sorry about the english, is not my strong element)

you can check the geo by your own in the page. i leaves you the links. greetings

http://karpiel.com/products/disco_volante/geometry.htm

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
Looking at this picture, I think the metric CS length is correct. There's a lot of space between the bottom bracket and where the tire would fit... I'm just eye-balling it, but it's similar to my bike that has 17.5 chainstays...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian HCM#1 said:
The measurements on the site are not totally correct. I'll currently riding a medium, however it's not an actual production model, but what #'s were you looking for?.
im really interested in the frame, but im not concluding nothing, till know the real geo. for me its to much better if the geo were in inches as the pag says, but i see that looks more like cm, its just that i wanted to clarify that,so then i can see what im buying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.