1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
I'm taking my 9 year old this week. So stoked to have this nearby as we have a cabin in Rhododendron.
Cheers!

·
Registered
103 Posts
been twice since it opened and really enjoy the trails and crew running it. talo ked with some of the builders while there, in 5 years this place is gonna be really good! they got a lot planed.

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
How are they going to deal with the powder soil they've got, especially after they get a volume of riders for a season?
I rode Northstar two years ago and despite the super loose soil at the end of July it was still a blast. I assume Timberline will borrow what is working at other parks, like amending with larger rock and pavers for berms.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went last weekend. It was very fun, but as already mentioned, very dusty and loose. Not sure what we can do about that. It's Oregon on a volcano. LOL. It's great to have a lift park reasonably close to PDX though. It's hard to get out to Bachelor. It'll be great in two more years for sure!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Just rode every trail in the park on Labor Day. I would definitely ride this park again.

I think we got about 7 full runs in. Realign was definitely the group favorite; it's unfortunate we didn't find it until our last run but it was so fun some of us did a bonus lap on it.

Really cool seeing all the families, parents, kids, grandparents, cruising down the main Gravy Train line, and was fun heckling people below us while riding the lift back up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just rode the park today and had a great time. It rained off and on so it was pretty slick but the trails were a lot of fun. Realign was also my favorite. All the staff were friendly and helpful so that was a bonus.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It will melt. Early season snow never sticks around long.

I wonder what T-Lines policy is for riding the trails after the lifts shut down. I'm sure there will be a window when the lifts stop and the snow starts sticking around. Or night riding shuttle runs?

·
Registered
202 Posts
It will melt. Early season snow never sticks around long.

I wonder what T-Lines policy is for riding the trails after the lifts shut down. I'm sure there will be a window when the lifts stop and the snow starts sticking around. Or night riding shuttle runs?
I think I remember reading that the park has opening and closing hours. And the closing was like an hour or so after the last lift stopped. I would think they would chase people out, at the official closing time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
LOL, they do not have the right to keep you from riding the trails- even during operating hrs. It is USFS land so it is no different than skinning up on the snow and skiing down through the resort. Nothing they can legally do about it. Just ell them to piss off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.