Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my first ride on the Hangover trail in Sedona. Whoever built that trail is an evil genius. I was riding the traverse and asking myself, "What kind of sick mind thought up this line?" So if you are responsible in any way for making Hangover happen. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... you twisted bastard!

Great trail!!!!!

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Nah, it's an official trail now. FS signage and everything!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I rode Hangover yesterday and I have to agree, it's so sick! I was kind of down on it for a while and way more stoked on Highline but a friend showed me a alt line off the nose that has me loving that ride again.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I rode Hangover yesterday and I have to agree, it's so sick! I was kind of down on it for a while and way more stoked on Highline but a friend showed me a alt line off the nose that has me loving that ride again.
Is the alternate line the same as "chewie's line"? It may be more in play now that the crack and ledge that was the crux move has sloughed off. Pic is from 2010 but even then it was a tricky move. I suppose you can drop straight down at that section but it's a bit ballsy with a big drop-off to biker's right.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Is the alternate line the same as "chewie's line"? It may be more in play now that the crack and ledge that was the crux move has sloughed off. Pic is from 2010 but even then it was a tricky move. I suppose you can drop straight down at that section but it's a bit ballsy with a big drop-off to biker's right.
Yep, that's the one. I'm so much more into that trail now knowing that line!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I rode Hangover today and I walked the enter west end. I like the live in the photos just needed someone to show me. I rode much more of the trail than I did the first time but still a lot more to ride!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Didn't the creator get banned from this forum?
Something that gets lost in trail adoptions and system integration of the user-built trails in Sedona and elsewhere is the history. The pioneers who perhaps bucked the system and got tired of waiting for the land manager to do something. Not saying it's right or wrong but Sedona is now a world-class riding destination. And it's because of those who dared.

That said, HO was quite a construction project to pull off without detection and the main builder and guy with the vision was not Traildoc. Also of note is that HiLine reportedly took 3 years. That era is over and while one can argue the merits of the approach the results are hard to argue with.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Damn, HiLine took three years to build?

What's the story on Western Civilization and Last Frontier? Those are two awesome pieces of work as well.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Damn, HiLine took three years to build?

What's the story on Western Civilization and Last Frontier? Those are two awesome pieces of work as well.
You have, in your words, a POS to thank for that.

The front side of HiLine took 3 years with night vision goggles. The backside was routed by someone else and probably in the better part of a day or two.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
John Finch and Traildoc aren't the same. John Finch is by all accounts, a decent guy. Traildoc is a POS. Throwing the two in together is like throwing Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde in together.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
John Finch and Traildoc aren't the same. John Finch is by all accounts, a decent guy. Traildoc is a POS. Throwing the two in together is like throwing Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde in together.
oh Eazy_E so much hate. What did he do to you? In a way you are the new Ambassador, well-versed on all things Sedona and Flagstaff. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts