Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I just got a pic of my bike and i thought i'd post it and sort of introduce myself at the same time.

I live in Northern Ireland am 16 and have only gotten into biking in the last month or two, but i've always ridden a bike. I got my Gt about 6 weeks ago and havent had as much fun on a bike ever. At the min I only can get to one of a small number of courses in this country. The course I ride is about 40 seconds long with a few drops and jumps, the biggest being about 3 feet but its alot of fun and im still learning everyday. So thats pretty much the basics.

If i keep biking and saving I hope one day to own one of the class full sus bikes that i see you guys with and also to travel to America and Canada to take part in some of the best riding ever. (or from what ive seen of the pics and vids, alot better than over here) lol.

But anyway thats me and my bike thanks for reading :)

Oh btw i've made one upgrade to my bike- my pedals are now DMR V8's :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome to the site.If you have any questions just post them.Incase you dont know Zedro is the mod for this forum..(I dont really know why i put that)If you can take some pics of where you ride thatd be cool,Ive never seen any rding from Ireland before. ;)

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
kelesis said:
Hey

I just got a pic of my bike and i thought i'd post it and sort of introduce myself at the same time.

I live in Northern Ireland am 16 and have only gotten into biking in the last month or two, but i've always ridden a bike. I got my Gt about 6 weeks ago and havent had as much fun on a bike ever. At the min I only can get to one of a small number of courses in this country. The course I ride is about 40 seconds long with a few drops and jumps, the biggest being about 3 feet but its alot of fun and im still learning everyday. So thats pretty much the basics.

If i keep biking and saving I hope one day to own one of the class full sus bikes that i see you guys with and also to travel to America and Canada to take part in some of the best riding ever. (or from what ive seen of the pics and vids, alot better than over here) lol.

But anyway thats me and my bike thanks for reading :)

Oh btw i've made one upgrade to my bike- my pedals are now DMR V8's :cool:
thats cool. your bike is so much better than the one i started riding on.

·
Registered
558 Posts
same

I had a trek 4100 and it seemed to be that
I was in the bike shop every week getting
new parts. I wish I wasnt so cheap.

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Yeah i know the fourms well enough, who most of the main people are and Zedro. lol

Thanks guys, and i'll def get you some pics within the next week or two. Sorta the same as what you guys have only smaller. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm from N.Ireland too. A friend got me into this sport a few weeks ago. After my first run i went out and bought a specilaized hardrock sport i thought it was that good. My first run was through the track called the tunnel in gortin glens, i am hooked, i've been out almost everyday over my hols. Put a speedo on my bike yesterday and found out i was doing close to 40mph on this run which is completely surrounded in trees hence the name "the tunnel". Its mad.

The tunnel is part of a walkers trail though so you have to pick your times well! In Gortin there is a specially built downhill track which is about 2 miles long or more (its reviewed on this website) but i have only been on the first mile or so. If you live anywhere near at hand try to get over.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
HI...

be rather cautious when around VIA... ;)

hope u enjoy ur stay...

(we will put u through ur iniciation process very soon and if u survive it then u can stay)

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol thanks for the advice. Yeah i know VIA pretty well. He is hilarious.

Hey quinnj3 where is gortin glens. Yeah i'm the same as u, only just started mtbing and ive been out to clare glen in tandragee as much as possible with a freind of mine who also just started. I'd love ot see this track in gortin glens coz the one i'm on is seriosuly only a 100m or so long.

i've never heard of gortin glens??

i'm from Portadown btw

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
BJ- said:
HI...

be rather cautious when around VIA... ;)

(we will put u through ur iniciation process very soon and if u survive it then u can stay)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :p :p :D

nice one bj

have fun riding

·
Registered
337 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
Welcome to the site.If you have any questions just post them.Incase you dont know Zedro is the mod for this forum..(I dont really know why i put that)If you can take some pics of where you ride thatd be cool,Ive never seen any rding from Ireland before. ;)

Yeah Zedro's your local Spam nerd, he knows every thing on bikes and plus he's a forum Whore. hehe Zedro we all know you own this forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts