Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I am looking for some Lake Tahoe information. I am headed out there to ski form the 18th - 26th of February.

I was wondering what the closest trails were to South Lake Tahoe? Is it possible to make a day trip to some trails while I am out there?

Can I rent a pugsley and do some snow rides on the Rim trail?

Thanks for any help!

Also, if there are any riders (snowboard, ski, mtn bike) in the area that relish in new faces and new places. Let me know so we can ride.

Peace.

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Hi. I`ve heard that there`s good riding on the snow shoe trails, but I don`t know first hand. I`ve done it closer in to Reno and it`s a lot of fun. There are tons of bike rental shops in South Shore during the summer- don`t know if they keep renting bikes all year, though. I imagine some of them do and others close their doors or switch to "winter" stuff. Sorry I can`t offer more specific information for you, but I do have a suggestion: try posting on the Northern California board. Most of the activity on this forum is from the Las Vegas area- six to eight hours from Tahoe. It seems to me that most of the Tahoe folks on mtbr hang out on the California board even if they live in NV. If they can`t help you out, PM me or post back here again and I`ll dig out the phone book and call some rental shops for you. I live in Reno, but phone calls to this side of Tahoe are local. Have a nice vacation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.