Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekend news had a long and inflammatory piece on a study showing that people who constantly look at the phone are growing "horns" of bone off the back of their skulls from looking down too much. The XRays look like lots of neck pain in old age!

Cyclists, especially road cyclists, bend far forwards for long periods of time. I wonder what our own pattern of habitual bending is doing to us?

Of course, us mtbers have the advantage of constantly changing conditions and are in and out of the saddle, high, low, forward, back, seat height changing with each descent. I think we may not be quite as susceptible to this sort of injury.

Mountain biking, the safe sport.

·
Always in the wrong gear
3,317 Posts
Read the study. It’s beyond garbage.

Getting through peer review had to include payoffs, there’s no good science there. It’s not even good scientific method.

Somehow looking at a phone causes this, but the hundreds of years humans have been reading books hasn’t produced the same result? Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,800 Posts
I was riding home from work on Friday and I noticed so many drivers playing with their phones while driving, walkers, even riders. I thought, "man, there must be some real important **** going down on Facebook today!". I even asked some of them as I passed, "Hey, what's on Facebook today?", but no one would answer.

So I got home and checked and nope, nothing happened. Huge disappointment.

Later that night though, I found some pictures of cats and figured that must have been it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
... I even asked some of them as I passed, "Hey, what's on Facebook today?", but no one would answer...
That's because people don't know how to communicate face to face with speech anymore. They only know how to communicate through social media.

sad...

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
More clickbait garbage journalism. Nothing to see here. There's a case to be made that slouching and bending your neck to stare a phone all day is not good for you, but it's unfortunate that the case is being promoted by nonsense like that.

Any Star Trek fans remember this episode?
Human Cheek Skin Forehead Jaw

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
More clickbait garbage journalism. Nothing to see here. There's a case to be made that slouching and bending your neck to stare a phone all day is not good for you, but it's unfortunate that the case is being promoted by nonsense like that.

Any Star Trek fans remember this episode?
View attachment 1260469
Was that when Spock kidnapped that kid and kept him in his basement?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.