Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lasvegasbiketrails
This is just a rough draft as i re-learn some old adobe page maker software. I don't have any cool buttons and what not but i'll get to it one day. What do you guys think ? Is it worth while. I am trying to figure out how to get it listed on the search engines(free) Without to much specifics. It is googleable so far, if you don't use spaces? hmm.
Comments or suggestions please!

·
I Just Ride....
913 Posts
Not bad Eric, for a starter site.
You are a good steward of the Vegas trails, so you seem to be the natural candidate to take on such a site.
Are you looking to make this a "full on" site? With a domain name and all that?
Some suggestions.
You can do it inexpensively.
With my site, I have it hosted through my ISP, and have the real URL forwarded and masked to mtbbrian.com.
You maybe able to get away with that for awhile I imagine, but if you start getting a lot of traffic you might consider a better host.
There is a site for the trails here in Utah, www.utahmountainbiking.com, that might be helpful to to look at.
Good Luck!
I'll certainly be checking back with it.
Just some thoughts.
Brian

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah Hey!

beagledadi said:
Great site E!, but could use more skin. Happy Holidays everyone
Thanks, I plan on adding to it a little everyday until i think it's complete. Then i'll see about upgrading it to it's own domain name. geocities has the better versions with more space,transfer,domain name,and e-mails for pretty cheap. right now i'll just see how much i want to put into it. it is better then sitting around watching TV at night.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As per Some request

I added a guestbook to my website.
So far so good. I have had more veiws than i expected. I have hit the geocities limit twice since the holidays. I have also had quite a few e-mail Questions from visitors. For those in the know, is there any free services to get it on a search engine. I used one (forgot the name) And it worked a little but alot of spam so i disregarded that stuff. I may be on to something here.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
E ! said:
I added a guestbook to my website.
So far so good. I have had more veiws than i expected. I have hit the geocities limit twice since the holidays. I have also had quite a few e-mail Questions from visitors. For those in the know, is there any free services to get it on a search engine. I used one (forgot the name) And it worked a little but alot of spam so i disregarded that stuff. I may be on to something here.
Sweet, now I can leave sarcastic comments on your site! Uhh... but the site is sadly down.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know

NMPhi767 said:
Sweet, now I can leave sarcastic comments on your site! Uhh... but the site is sadly down.
What's up with that? I just put an update and it can't handle just a few veiwers i guess???
Looks like i'm gonna have to dish out a few bucks,Lame!

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Maybe it was down while you were updating. Maybe I could throw the video on my website and you could link to it. Or does yahoo really host websites for ten bucks a year? I'll finance year one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.