Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I thought the regular users of this forum would like to hear Tabetha had our daughter; Ayla Hazel Snow Hedrick on April 1st at 7:37am. The name Ayla is Hebrew for Oak Tree, Turkish for Moonlight and the name of the main character from The Earth Children Series. The most popular and recognized book of this series is Clan of the Cave Bear. She is a beautiful little girl who has Tabetha's eyes and there is some dispute as to whether she has my nose or the Hedrick sides nose. Only time will tell. She is beautiful and perfect in every way. She was born on her actual due date which is said to be lucky for her as only 2% percent of the population are born on their due date. She must get this from Tabetha who is always on time as her Daddy always runs behind! Tabetha has been learning the fine art of breast feeding while I am learning the art of changing diapers without getting poo on everything. We are both a little exhausted but extremly excited to finally be able to hold our baby in our arms and see her face.For those of you questioning the last name, I will be getting my last name changed to Hedrick to carry on Tabetha's family name.
Of course this means I will be off the bike for a while helping my wife adjust to the change and to get to know my baby girl. Although my wife who does not even own a bike is talking of getting an Electra Townie (27 speed cruiser/hybrid bicycle) for gravel roads, a bigger tent so the baby and her can go camping with me and she already bought me a baby trailer so I can tow Ayla behind me. Ayla won't be strong enough for about 6-12 months to be able to ride in the trailer but it'll be a cool way to go get groceries for the 1st few months. Take care and enjoy the trails for me.

The proud Daddy,
Jeremy

A nice head of hair

Looking into Daddy's eyes

·
Cyclist
493 Posts
congrats

Awesome dude. Kids are great! They eat into your ride time for sure, but they make up for it in so many ways.

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtpisgah said:
Now you need a son that you can name Johndalar. Or would that be a little kinky?
I think I'll let her find her own Jondalar in her future adventures which I will not be rushing!
As soon as Daddy can I will be teaching her the art of head butting the boys across the bridge of the nose and kicking them in the balls! For all of those scoffing, my wife was taught by her military father to stick em with a dull knife, twist, pull it up then down. I think I'm being nice!;)

Thanks to the rest of you ! As soon as Ayla is ready I'll be doing hill intervals with her in the trailer up Claw Hammer.

Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts