Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently discovered your corner of the www and am starting to feel like a pervy old man lurking in the park and spying on folks' conversations. So .... I'll now stand up from behind the bushes, clear my throat rather self conciously, and introduce myself.

I've been riding my bike for about 8 years - and it still makes me grin like a little kid. The learning cuve was rough, but I was in Ashland, OR, where the trails left from my front door and didn't stop for hours. I've spent the last few years living in the bay area (CA) and finding it hard to adjust to the whole "drive-to-ride" paradigm.

It's such a thrill to meet women who love mountain biking and I wish I could invite all of you out on a ride. In the meantime, I'l just have to be happy knowing there are more of us out there.

I've got two favors to ask:
1) I've just moved to Sacramento and am looking for people to ride with after work. So far, it seems there a few road rides, but I would love to find some dirt. Anyone from the area and have suggestions?
2) I'm thinking of spending Christmas up in northern Idaho for the snowboarding (at Schweitzer mountain). Is anyone familiar with that part of the country and have trip recommendations to make?

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Hi

Sorry, I'm on the East Coast but it's nice to meet you anyway!
What kind of snowboard do you have? Mountain opens on the 10th. Can't wait...

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Spokane chiming in here, what all do you need to know about Schweitzer? Althought I call my self a hard core skier, I bagged it today, I just got so cold I couldn't get warm.

Just curious, why Schweitzer? I mean, it's an awesome resort and all that - but it gets really long lines during the holidays. LOL, nothing like Tahoe lines tho, man are we spoiled around here. Mt. Spokane is my home mountain, nice family mountain, not a destination mountain at all. If we ( a family of ski patrollers) are going to spend $$ on tickets, we almost always head across the border to Red Mountain, in Rossland, BC, or a little farthrer, like Fernie or even Kicking Horse ( 4000' of vertical!!!) The mileage to Red Mountain and Schweitzer is almost exactly the same from my house. Red is one corner of the famous BC "Powder Triangle" which encompasses Red Mountain, Whitewater, and Fernie. WHile the US dollar is isn't the deal it once was up in Canada, Red is still a very good buy, and it's a skiers mountain - it caters to real skiers, not ski vacationers. That is, not a lot of grooming and tons of steeps and trees, oh, and "kootenay smoke"

http://www.unred.com/news.php
http://www.redresort.com/

welcome here, enjoy, and please ignore the men looking for dates or relationship advice.

Formica :cool:

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
San Jose here,

just a couple hours south. You've got lots avail. in your area, but it is drive to ride I belive. Folsom lake area has some stuff. Auburn is awesome and not to far, great weekend adventure, as is Downiville. Tahoe in the summer is unbelievable. Yuba also has lots of trails. There is so much available here in the bay area, sometimes its hard to decide. Check out the nor-cal board for upcoming rides.

oh, welcome.
Sean

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Stockton Rep.

Welcome to the group. There are several websites you can use to find trails here in NorCal. Ogrehut.com and FATRAC.org both cover the area pretty well. If you post on the NorCal board here, I'm sure you can find someone within your riding style to meet up with. Hope that helps.

Fiona

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
who told you...

Fiona said:
Welcome to the group. There are several websites you can use to find trails here in NorCal. Ogrehut.com and FATRAC.org both cover the area pretty well. If you post on the NorCal board here, I'm sure you can find someone within your riding style to meet up with. Hope that helps.

Fiona
... about ogrehut.com?!?

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
formica said:
Spokane chiming in here, what all do you need to know about Schweitzer?
Thanks for all of that great info! We are now considering some of the other spots you mentioned. I'll let you know where we end up going.

And to Fiona - thanks for the welcome. I actually went riding in Folsom last night with someone from mtbr and had a fun time. My very first mountain bike ride since moving to this valley town! Hopefully will make an Auburn ride tonight and finally start meeting folks to ride with.

I've committed to race next season and so am really looking to develop my fitness over the winter - instead of just drinking beer and eating lots of Christmas cookies. This means that I'm facing reality and exploring road rides that leave after work.

So ------- ladies in CA, let me know if you ever ever ever want to ride in the area.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
jennyjo said:
Thanks for all of that great info! We are now considering some of the other spots you mentioned. I'll let you know where we end up going.
feel free to PM me if you want. I have no idea what kind of skier you are which doesnt' help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am from Davis

Hey I am from Davis. I go to school in Bellingham, WA, but will be back in town for a bit and have no riding partner back home in Davis. I got into riding when I went to college, so my friends back home don't ride. I would love to hit some dirt, although I only know of a few trails as I spend most of my time in WA. Let me know if you would like to ride. I will be in Davis Dec. 11-27th. Peace

Email: [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts